What's going on between DSR FC drivers? (1 Viewer)

paoldtimer

Nitro Member
Watching online and Ron Capps alluded to something about Beckman being on thin ice with teammates. What's up with that?

Sounds like they are talking trash to each other. Hagan said everyone should just keep their mouths shut. Interesting....... Can't wait for next weekend.

Probably just heat of the moment stuff with 3 good teams all wanting to win. I also think the DSR teams/drivers are getting changed up a bit over the winter, and maybe that played into it.

A few years back, Tony Schumacher complained loudly, publically, about occasionally getting beat by his teammate at the time, Melanie Troxel. I wouldn't know if it got personal but he was pretty adamant that he wanted her gone.

He got his wish. Dunno who's mouth needs to keep shut in this instance, but I'd advise Beckman to have an orthodontist wire his.

Last edited:
There was an interview with Beckman where he was griping about the "little points" in qualifying. Maybe that is what brought this on?

I'm curious as to where you came up with this conclusion?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my assumption that Beckman is the subject of the 'thin ice' talk. If that's indeed the case, wouldn't you advise him to keep his mouth shut, if he has any interest in keeping his driving gig with DSR?

Hmmm? My memory isn't as good as it use to be. Wasn't Jack the one who brought the sponsorship money to DSR for that funny car. So if he decides to go elsewhere won't that sponsorship go with him? Didn't Whit use to drive that funny car until the sponsorship of that funny car went over to the top fuel dragster and that sponsor wanted a different driver behind the wheel of the top fueler? Or am I way off base here?

Hmmm? My memory isn't as good as it use to be. Wasn't Jack the one who brought the sponsorship money to DSR for that funny car. So if he decides to go elsewhere won't that sponsorship go with him?

You may be right, but isn't Aaron's a relatively new deal? I thought it was MTS who was the primary sponsor when Beckman joined DSR as a funny car driver. I don't know whether DSR or Beckman is responsible for Aaron's coming on board.

I find it interesting, there seems to be some sort of correlation between DSR and Michael Waltrip racing...MW and Ron Capps both had NAPA at the same time, now MWR and DSR are both sponsored by Aaron's...I'm not implying anything here other than it's an interesting coincidence.

You may be right, but isn't Aaron's a relatively new deal? I thought it was MTS who was the primary sponsor when Beckman joined DSR as a funny car driver. I don't know whether DSR or Beckman is responsible for Aaron's coming on board.

Carl, you're right Sir. Now that you mention that, I do now remember the MTS sponsorship was the one Jack brought in. Now who own the rights to the Aaron's I have no clue. Thanks for jolting my memory.

Last edited:
i'd be willing to bet it's just hype to try and boost ratings. . problem is ratings will never increase when qualifying is on at 1am! :mad:

Hmmm? My memory isn't as good as it use to be. Wasn't Jack the one who brought the sponsorship money to DSR for that funny car. So if he decides to go elsewhere won't that sponsorship go with him? Didn't Whit use to drive that funny car until the sponsorship of that funny car went over to the top fuel dragster and that sponsor wanted a different driver behind the wheel of the top fueler? Or am I way off base here?

My memory bank says Jack took over at Indy and had the Matco Tools deal on the car the rest of the season. The following year, Jack had MTS on the car and i'm pretty sure he brought it with him. As far as the current deal, I have been told that the Napa/Valvoline deal is tied together somehow, but who knows. Also I'd imagine the Aarons deal is Dons, and he can do what he wants with that.

Whit Bazemore got the Matco deal back and went on to drive for David Powers which lasted less then a year. David Baca drove for a few races, then Antron Brown drove. Powers sold the team to his partner Tim Buckley, then was quickly sold to Mike Ashley. "The Don" bought out Ashley, and that's how Antron and Matco got back to Shoe.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back