What is the quickest Pro Mod bump spot? (1 Viewer)

Anyone know what is the quickest bump spot in NHRA Pro Mod history?
Good question. I was thinking it was in the low 5.70’s but can’t find much information on it. Maybe Alan Reinhart could come on and give us the correct answer.

I believe the quickest bump spot in NHRA Pro Mod history was in Gainesville 2019. Eric Latino was on the bump with a 5.753. 6 cars qualified in the 5.60's. Previous quickest bump spot was St. Louis in 2018 with a 5.777. Please correct me if I am wrong.

28 of them next week, or more, including s. fast's 3.0 shadow car. that bump spot could be a new record low for the class.
a lot of big names will not make the field next week.

I believe the quickest bump spot in NHRA Pro Mod history was in Gainesville 2019. Eric Latino was on the bump with a 5.753. 6 cars qualified in the 5.60's. Previous quickest bump spot was St. Louis in 2018 with a 5.777. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Looking last night Gators 2019 was the best I could find. I thought there was a race in the last few years that had mineshaft conditions. St Louis was my guess but couldn’t find anything better than Gainesville.

28 of them next week, or more, including s. fast's 3.0 shadow car. that bump spot could be a new record low for the class.
a lot of big names will not make the field next week.
If all 28 show up and they get the four sessions it will be fun to watch. Temps right now appear to be mid 80’s for the highs so any early morning or late evening session could do it.

I haven't noticed much bump-spot change, or any national record change, in any of the Pro or alcohol classes in quite some time and I wonder if those records will ever be broken again. TF, 3.62/338, FC 3.79/339, PS 6.45/215, PSM 6.62/205, PM 5.62/261, TAD 5.09/286, TAFC 5.35/276. Those are some seriously stout numbers.

I think the PS and PSM were done at the Gainesville event where conditions were incredible.

I would think that the fall races lend themselves to conditions favorable for records. That TAD mark is really old isn't it? TF and FC seem to be out of reach at the moment. After years of teens in TAD and 30's in TAFC, they seem to have settled into 20s and 40s for the most part.

Does National Dragster show national records anymore? I don't believe I've seen them listed in a long time.

there are some records shown for sportsman classes over on nhraracer.com, under 'tech' section. wish it was complete,
and it was kept up. to hold and/or set a class record is a huge deal to racers.

I think the PS and PSM were done at the Gainesville event where conditions were incredible.

I would think that the fall races lend themselves to conditions favorable for records. That TAD mark is really old isn't it? TF and FC seem to be out of reach at the moment. After years of teens in TAD and 30's in TAFC, they seem to have settled into 20s and 40s for the most part.
Megan Meyer holds the TAD record from Dallas in 2020. Bill Reichert held the record prior for a very long time. As for the others, the Nitro FC record was during the laid back header era so they might stand for a while longer.

I haven't noticed much bump-spot change, or any national record change, in any of the Pro or alcohol classes in quite some time and I wonder if those records will ever be broken again. TF, 3.62/338, FC 3.79/339, PS 6.45/215, PSM 6.62/205, PM 5.62/261, TAD 5.09/286, TAFC 5.35/276. Those are some seriously stout numbers.
The bump records are all dependent on the number of quality teams along with the conditions. Prior to the pandemic, Pro Mod was getting 25-30 cars per event. Four years later they are finally getting 16+ cars at every event with Indy being the highest number in quite a while.

For the most part, yes but Hight went 339.87 at Sonoma and 3.79 at Brainerd - 7 years ago, with laid-back headers. There's been some low 5.1 TAD passes at the Motorplex recently but 5.0s may be a long time coming. Recently, low 5.40s and an occasional high 5.30 is about it for TAFC.

I'd like to see the nitro TAFC cars make a move this upcoming season. Not many people running them right now; apparently they're quite tricky to dial in.

For the most part, yes but Hight went 339.87 at Sonoma and 3.79 at Brainerd - 7 years ago, with laid-back headers. There's been some low 5.1 TAD passes at the Motorplex recently but 5.0s may be a long time coming. Recently, low 5.40s and an occasional high 5.30 is about it for TAFC.

I'd like to see the nitro TAFC cars make a move this upcoming season. Not many people running them right now; apparently they're quite tricky to dial in.
Megan Meyer ran 5.09 in TAD just a few years ago in Indy.

I definitely forgot that Meyer had broken the TAD record most recently. I knew it was held for years by Reichert at 5.10. Most recently The FInals had 5 cars in the teens, Cowie at 5.16. which is close.

Megan Meyer ran 5.09 in TAD just a few years ago in Indy.
I know; I worded my post incorrectly. Should read "another 5.0...."

I recall the buzz about town after that pass was when we'd see the first T/AD in the fours. the first T/AD in the 4's. I don't see that happening, ever - not that it matters.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back