Quickest TAD field in history? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
I believe the 5.352 bump spot makes Dallas 2016 the new quickest field in TAD history. If there was a quicker one I would like to know where and when.

Yep, quickest TAD field in history. Watched on All Access. It was amazing! I don't understand why the alcohol cars seem to be the redheaded stepchildren of the NHRA. They are great classes to watch.

Great stuff indeed. It stinks that they are losing a qualifying session on Saturday...but that's racing.

A couple of rain delay until the skies broke. Only other sportman classes to get a round in on Friday were TD, TS and Stock Eliminator. TAD and TAFC got 2. But like John said "that's racing."

and a lot better show that the damn bikes & pro-stock but they get the shaft again, wish lucas wuld step up and take a stand I bet we as alky guys buy more lucas products that any other bunch damn rigged system,, racing is about the quickest & fastest

No it won't. The PS class is getting full fields for the most part, like the fuel classes. Pro Mod guys don't want a bigger schedule. And turning PM into a pro class will just screw it up. IMHO

Will there even be a Pro Mod class at NHRA next year? This is the last year of the J+A sponsorship deal ... Haven't heard if anyone is stepping up. Remember the Pro Mod guys are "pay to play" at NHRA.

You don't think Lucas has stepped up? Seriously?
not wat I said and yes he has done a lot but the PS sux in my humble opinion with others, but as I had said and I am bias several alky racers in the south hav no where to race in Div 2 but one freakin race Gainesville fl and he and NHRA culd hav made it happen

not wat I said and yes he has done a lot but the PS sux in my humble opinion with others, but as I had said and I am bias several alky racers in the south hav no where to race in Div 2 but one freakin race Gainesville fl and he and NHRA culd hav made it happen

Both races at ZMax have alcohol cars. So that's 3 National Events in D2, there is also a regional event at Richmond. That's not as bad as you are making it out to be, but still not great. For instance, we have the same number of races every year for alcohol cars here at Las Vegas. (2 national, 2 regional)

Both races at ZMax have alcohol cars. So that's 3 National Events in D2, there is also a regional event at Richmond. That's not as bad as you are making it out to be, but still not great. For instance, we have the same number of races every year for alcohol cars here at Las Vegas. (2 national, 2 regional)

i think its pretty bad was talkin more of pure div races we hav 1 which is Gainesville

I understand Pro Mod is scheduled to run at Ennis next year. Think I heard they added two races for '17.

Was a great TAD/TAFC race last week. It will be interesting to see when the sportsman schedule for national events gets released.

i think its pretty bad was talkin more of pure div races we hav 1 which is Gainesville
So Guy, I am curious as to your end game here. I think it may just be to cause trouble but ....

Your complaint about the lack of races for the Alcohol cars in D2 is confusing. In '08 and '09, D2 had 5 divisional races with Alky cars ... Bradenton, Gainesville, SGMP, Atlanta and Reynolds. Curiously enough, the final points for those seasons show you competed at only 1 event (Reynolds) each of those seasons and did not compete again in D2 which maintained that same schedule up through the 2011 season. You also did not compete at any National events those seasons. Then the switch to the Regional schedule was implemented and Gainesville was the only venue in D2 with a Regional event.

You did not participate at another D2 event after 2009 even though there were races for TAD in the division and have not participated at any level in TAD since. The reason isn't important to me, and I apologize in advance if there are circumstances behind your decision. However, it seems odd to me that a former TAD racer would choose to come on this message board and bash both the sanctioning body and the title rights series sponsor about the alcohol classes and its schedule without a dog in the fight any longer. :confused:

I believe the 5.352 bump spot makes Dallas 2016 the new quickest field in TAD history. If there was a quicker one I would like to know where and when.
Am I understanding this correctly? The quickest TAD field in history and only two qualifying sessions? Amazing.........

Am I understanding this correctly? The quickest TAD field in history and only two qualifying sessions? Amazing.........
Imagine if they got the 3rd one Saturday morning ... look at the cars that qualified 11-16, most of those are capable of lower 5.30's and 5.20's not to mention the potential of some of the unqualified cars. Would liked to have seen the results of 3 sessions.

Would definitely liked to have been there. 49 alcohol cars in total, quite the show !!!

So Guy, I am curious as to your end game here. I think it may just be to cause trouble but ....

Your complaint about the lack of races for the Alcohol cars in D2 is confusing. In '08 and '09, D2 had 5 divisional races with Alky cars ... Bradenton, Gainesville, SGMP, Atlanta and Reynolds. Curiously enough, the final points for those seasons show you competed at only 1 event (Reynolds) each of those seasons and did not compete again in D2 which maintained that same schedule up through the 2011 season. You also did not compete at any National events those seasons. Then the switch to the Regional schedule was implemented and Gainesville was the only venue in D2 with a Regional event.

You did not participate at another D2 event after 2009 even though there were races for TAD in the division and have not participated at any level in TAD since. The reason isn't important to me, and I apologize in advance if there are circumstances behind your decision. However, it seems odd to me that a former TAD racer would choose to come on this message board and bash both the sanctioning body and the title rights series sponsor about the alcohol classes and its schedule without a dog in the fight any longer. :confused:

1st thing not meaning a bash but a fact and I also hav the right to voice my opinion,, we raced the pro fuel thing in ihra also in 09 in which we were treated with a lot more respect ,I was upset with the way nhra was treating the alky guys at nat events and payouts so I sold out and went another route where I felt the local series appreciated the racers more with better payouts, its no secret that NHRA has always screwed allky guys when it came to payouts, cutting qualifying or where they parked and so on, alky cars r the 3rd quickest and fastest and get the least exposure ,, I appreciate wat lucas does but I think if he wasn't there nhra wuld like to see the alkys go, most people know that nhra has blinders and ear plugs when it comes to common sense and listening to fans or racers they listen to force or shu ,, I think the nhra model is at its peak but I may b wrong and I wuld build another TAD now if we had more races in the south but it makes no sense to be able to race 1 div 2 race I try to look at things in a fair sense and I don't think Div 2 was treated fair and I know the tracks hav a lot to say about the tad cars so mayb this answers this

1st thing not meaning a bash but a fact and I also hav the right to voice my opinion,, we raced the pro fuel thing in ihra also in 09 in which we were treated with a lot more respect ,I was upset with the way nhra was treating the alky guys at nat events and payouts so I sold out and went another route where I felt the local series appreciated the racers more with better payouts, its no secret that NHRA has always screwed allky guys when it came to payouts, cutting qualifying or where they parked and so on, alky cars r the 3rd quickest and fastest and get the least exposure ,, I appreciate wat lucas does but I think if he wasn't there nhra wuld like to see the alkys go, most people know that nhra has blinders and ear plugs when it comes to common sense and listening to fans or racers they listen to force or shu ,, I think the nhra model is at its peak but I may b wrong and I wuld build another TAD now if we had more races in the south but it makes no sense to be able to race 1 div 2 race I try to look at things in a fair sense and I don't think Div 2 was treated fair and I know the tracks hav a lot to say about the tad cars so mayb this answers this
Guy, nhra has had the same pecking order for parking for as long as I can remember. It's usually nitro cars / pro stock cars / pro stock bikes / alky - A fuel / pro mod / and then the rest of the sportsman classes. At most of the national events the alky/A fuel teams, and the pro mod teams are lined up with the pro teams in stacking while the rest of the sportsman teams usually stack somewhere else. Plus, don't they park the alky teams by points? At Charlotte the alky teams are parked right next to the pro teams while pro mod and the rest of the sportsman teams are parked on the other side of the track. Also, the alky teams can leave as soon as they are eliminated while the pro teams have to wait for 1 hour after the last pair of pro cars run...what's fair about that? As far as payout... none of the classes get what they should. It sucks that some of the qualifying sessions get dropped due to bad weather, but there is only so much time to get the classes run and they usually go by class popularity. I have a lot of friends with alky cars that I hangout with and I just don't feel the alky classes are the red headed step child you claim they are. I'm just curious what you think nhra listens to Force and Schumacher about that has anything to do with alky cars?:confused:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back