What if... (1 Viewer)

nitromethane is the WOW factor in drag racing; it is most likely the
#1 selling point of the NHRA full throttle series as we know it today.

no nitro = no fans (not racing, just not nat. events w/espn coverage)
or at least they wouldn't be on espn.
some sponsors would remain within automotive world; the rest would leave.

the smell, taste, feel and hear sensory overload of nhra drag racing is nitromethane, nothing else.

the IHRA would be much less without nitro as well.

PM is really cool, and the ADRL may pack stands, but they've done it with
free or very little admission - not sure they can dent NHRA's armour with
their current program (although i hope NHRA finds room for PM full time)

Registered member said:
I think there's two ways to look at this, with the lower costs it could attract new sponsors to the sport. Also the big dollar sponsors that are already involved, could decide to field more than one car.
(Just a thought...)

Zappy,

During the NHRA Nitro Ban, There was elsewhere to see cars run Nitro...

I crewed on an Alky flop in the mid eighties, it was fun, but I would not pay to see an alky only 'show' ... on the plus side, there would be no problem getting a seat at a 'national event'. But, it would be lonely sitting in those $20.00 reserved seats.

d'kid

Karl, you're right some would not pay for an alky only show. But, there are plenty others that will. Just look at the success of all the divisional races across the country, no Nitro there.

Karl, you're right some would not pay for an alky only show. But, there are plenty others that will. Just look at the success of all the divisional races across the country, no Nitro there.

That's because I'm watching friends Run... but thinking about it, even at a 'Pro Show'... only watch a couple of cars run...

d'kid

If they didn't have nitro I would probably never go to another NHRA race.

I don't go to many anyways but seeing an alky show is $20-30 I would rather spend in ammo/on the range.

For me the draw is nitro and the ADRL already has pro mod and mountain motor pro stock

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back