What If This Became NHRA Pro Stock? (1 Viewer)

That's what "Pro Stock" should be IMO. Can I go buy a RWD Cobalt? Never mind the engine configuration. How about a RWD Dodge Stratus? Pontiac G6? It can be 2dr or 4dr, It should be representative of a car you can buy at a dealership. Bring on the Stangs!

Pro Stock should be what is available from the FACTORY!!! I wanted to vote on their little poll.. BUT I couldn't.. If it doesn't come frome the factory with a TURBO on it then it's not allowed... If it comed from the factory FWD or AWD that is what it would have to run... So bring on the Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, and any other FACTORY car that wants to play... From the SUBURA WRX to a SCION...

Give the Car Companies reasons to build real cars to compete...

Sounds like a good idea on the surface, but it won't happen...at least any time soon. For one...the switch would cause enormous expense to the current Pro Stock teams. Several teams are currently not funded or have received scaled back funds for 2009. There is no way any of the current teams would be interested in re-tooling for an entirely new combination or the enormous cost of R&D and testing. Secondly...establishing rules for parity would be a controversial task to say the least.

Like it or not, Pro Stock is what it is and won't be changing.

However, if there was advance notice that such a thing was be transitional in 2010 with full compliance in 2011, it could work. Unlike the transition to 500 inches in 1982 where teams were notified in the fall.

Make a class in comp called future pro stock and let it be transitional for say 3-4 years-after that it's Pro Stock. I know some of my comp friends will *****, but hey comp is about innovation. I hope someday my comp car has a 4 valve motor, but I doubt it'll be turbo charged.

Make a class in comp called future pro stock and let it be transitional for say 3-4 years-after that it's Pro Stock. I know some of my comp friends will *****, but hey comp is about innovation. I hope someday my comp car has a 4 valve motor, but I doubt it'll be turbo charged.

Yeah, let's call it AA/SM......oh that's right.....been down that road already:D ......Bo Knows......

Last edited:
This is one good reason why it won't happen. I would think this would be even more expensive than the current crop. This just won't happen in NHRA. Maybe the ADRL would be interested in a "Not-so Extreme Pro Stock":D

And if it's ADRL or IHRA you won't see any factory support and little if any real sponsorship interest. There's little or no consumer exposure to those bodies and that's what sponsorships are all about....marketing products and services.

No sponsor interest = not going to happen!

It's only my opinion but I feel we've passed the time for carburetors in Pro Stock. How to implement EFI and, more importantly, how to police it would be the big hurdle. There will always be those who'll bootleg in traction control, $50K feedback shock absorbers, off-degree boring, etc. but with the correct specs in place, I think this could, once again, let the true innovators sift their way to the top. Only real problem is $, rule making/breaking and the transition timing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back