What happens if FC catches TF? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Over the Past 2-3 seasons we've seen FC E.T.s drop by nearly .20. While TF maybe .04-.05? How many 3.60 TF passes were there last year 2-3? The class is stagnant...

Funny Car only took off due to the laid back headers and other tricks of the trade. However, Top Fuel was in the 3.70's in the 1,000 foot 18 years ago. Funny Car still hasn't yet. I don't see them catching up, ever.

Leah just went a .65. How much longer til the TF guys reach the .50's?

One adjustment of the rev limiter and they both stay stagnant.

Bring back the FC vs TF races though.

The numbers you see in pre-season testing won't usually be seen through the regular season anyways as the weather warms up.
I do see a .78 or .79 happening in FC this year in a night session, and more .60somethings in TF, but I don't believe FC will ever catch TF.

James Morgan bought up an interesting point though - if I ran a FC or TF car at Pomona or Etown, I'd want a 3rd 'chute mounted on the back in case at least 1 fails. Those shutdowns are seriously short and unforgiving (Pomona especially).

It's happened before (late '70s, early '80s IIRC). The sport survived. Dogs didn't start sleeping with cats or anything cataclysmic like that.

I've checked the numbers from the Prudhomme/Beatle era, I don't know what your talking about. When Gary Beck was laying down the first 5.30 pass in '83? FC were still 5.60's!

Okay, I'm just an armchair crew chief, but I understand the concept of laid back headers. My question is, why don't we hear about that in TF? Is it the close proximity of the headers to the slicks? Just curious.

Okay, I'm just an armchair crew chief, but I understand the concept of laid back headers. My question is, why don't we hear about that in TF? Is it the close proximity of the headers to the slicks? Just curious.
TF headers were already laid back. Maybe some teams have experimented with it more but I have not noticed any recent significant changes (visually that is).

What happens? Dog and cats start sleeping together, the oceans start to boil. Ralph Nader buys a tricked out diesel dually and starts rolling coal, Florida will get 12 inches of snow, Iran and Israel will finally become friends, the US Government will balance the budget and the sun will being to rise in from the west.

What happens? Dog and cats start sleeping together, the oceans start to boil. Ralph Nader buys a tricked out diesel dually and starts rolling coal, Florida will get 12 inches of snow, Iran and Israel will finally become friends, the US Government will balance the budget and the sun will being to rise in from the west.

nah... all of that would have already happened when Trump won, but........

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back