West Coast Alcohol Teams at Indy (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
There's hardly anyone from the west coast at Indy this year! In TAFC only Jay Payne is there and he runs back east most of the time anyway. In TAD there's two cars from Nevada and that's it. I find this very interesting and wonder if economics is finally taking it's toll on these two great classes.

thats understandable there's very few strong well financed team in comp that's from Div. 6 but we do have a very rich history of strong running alcohol teams as does California.

Well, there is a team from Alberta and they are qualified #2 in Alcohol Funny Car. Not that it will probably stand up, but that is a personal best for that team. Congrats to Ken Kraus and the Renegade Team!

The car is base out of Alberta and the driver is Ken Kraus of Great Falls, Montana.

Maybe the travel dollars and a LODRS race at Bakersfield the following weekend are coloring their decision?:confused:

This has been an issue for a while now- :(
There is a cap on how many T/A cars which I believe is 50-

Lindsey Wood-
Cody Perkins-
etc. etc.
you name the TA/FC teams that are not there along with the TAD teams-

Not sure why this is- :confused:

This has been an issue for a while now- :(
There is a cap on how many T/A cars which I believe is 50-

Lindsey Wood-
Cody Perkins-
etc. etc.
you name the TA/FC teams that are not there along with the TAD teams-

Not sure why this is- :confused:

The only name I mentioned was Jay Payne. So I don't understand what you mean.

My guess is it's pure economics. Few alcohol teams out west have big enough sponsors or deep pockets to run both the west coast AND Indy so I'm guessing they are staying in their neighborhood due to the skyrocketting travel costs. After all there's little if any increase in the purse yet the costs are way up.

One team was mentioning in Seattle that it cost them over 2500 in fuel just to go to Topeka and back from Oregon.

I hear what your saying Rich-

But I still believe that there is a limit on car count, that is the main reason for some teams not making the tow...

Lindsey Wood driving the Darien & Meadows car along with Troy Buff etc. etc. not being at Indy is confusing... There has to be another reason...

Which is why I keep saying there is a cap/limit on the amount of entries... This is what I am led to believe...

I could name a HUGE number of both alky classes that could/should be there... But are not...

Looking for help here Bruce Mullins- :D

I don't think a limit would ever prevent Darian among others from not being there. Hough's not there and he's in the points. I think it's financial considerations by many.

the Us nationals has slowly had its prestige carved out of it. Now it is no more than hype. No large 32 car fields. no double up on the points. no increased payouts. with the new pro points system why not make Indy a last chance opportunity to double up points and get in the chase? it would be nice to have double points for alcohol cars also which would increase the draw from the coasts. I can remember those who won Indy were considered 'national champions' and those who won the points chase were considered 'World Champions". So I guess they have become politically correct and theres no such thing as a world champion anymore.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back