Weird Names (1 Viewer)

And now you know my real name. PJ just seemed like a nice way to shorten it:D

My customer assistant from Cleveland for Dish Network was named Jaquata with the first A being sharp. I thought that was as good as Rotisherisha. We also have some friends who named their little girl Corduroy and some others who named their son Captain. I suppose the last children named Mary or John were born a decade ago according to this trend.

I went to school with a girl named "Techilla Sonrise".

She went by Sonny.

A friend of mine named her daughter "Harley"

I went to school with a girl named "Techilla Sonrise".

She went by Sonny.

A friend of mine named her daughter "Harley"

A customer told me as I was writing her RO her first name was 'Ca-tie-rin'

I asked for a spelling ----- Kathyrine ------- Wanna bet she 'modified' the pronunciation for her own self????

I co-worker of mine goes by Cyndi...short for Cynthia. Took me forever to get used to spelling it that way! Now, I can hardly write/type Cyn....I mean Cindy. ;)

A customer told me as I was writing her RO her first name was 'Ca-tie-rin'

I asked for a spelling ----- Kathyrine ------- Wanna bet she 'modified' the pronunciation for her own self????

Speaking of customers, the other day I had a guy who called me up and said that his truck has a miss in it, wanted to know how much it was to Diag it. Ask him what had been done to it, he said he'd replaced: Cap, rotor, module, pick up, plugs, wires, distributor, etc on it and it was still missing.

So I said "I'll have to take a look at it, you are looking at at least $100 bucks".

He fipped out, $100 bucks! Just to look at it and tell me why it's missing?

So I asked him "Well sir, how much money have you spend just throwing parts at it?"

He hung up on me

I went to school with a Ron Devu, and many years ago a guy I worked with had a girl friend named Christine Cross.

But my favorite is a guy that worked for trailer manufacturer and his name was...

Harry Dong

No I didn't make that up, could you imagine being that kid in school. What were his parents thinking?

I know someone named "Fallus" and it is a SHE and it is pronounced the same as phallus.

funny... I work with a guy named Richard too...:eek:

At work, we have a NAME OF THE DAY contest, that the Belt pullers play. Top 5:

I AM NOT MAKING THESE UP!!!

-Shorty Wang
-Richard Head
-Ta' Wana Hummer
-Lon Phuc
and the most famous name of the day..

-Lubby Bottoms

I have personally delivered to Ms. Hummer, and Ms. Bottoms!:eek:

There is a guy who lives here in Albuq. named Paul Christmas, anyone want to guess what his wife's name is? Yes Mary Christmas! Paul Harvey even talked about it once...

There is a guy who lives here in Albuq. named Paul Christmas, anyone want to guess what his wife's name is? Yes Mary Christmas! Paul Harvey even talked about it once...

I know of a Mary Kristmas (correct spelling) that worked for my company as well..

I guess Smiley isn't so bad! Although my middle name is Joseph and as a kid EVERYONE called me "BJ", that was always interesting.. Damn "BJ and the Bear" started all that crap.

I even had a blue coat with "BJ" on the back of it. :rolleyes:

I guess it could be worse..

25jan23-chew-kok.jpg

It's a good thing that guy didn't go to school in America. He'd never have survived the flack he most certainly would have caught.

A few years ago, a local radio host was talking about odd names.

A caller told of a local aerospace engineer who moved to Florida and worked for NASA, by the name of Olsen. He named his daughter Rockets. Rockets Olsen. She grew up, and eventually moved back to Minnesota to be with family. She met, and eventually married a guy named Micheal Redglare. Yep, her married name was Rockets Redglare. He swore it was true, and she still lived in the Twin Cities here. I grabbed the phone book, looked it up and aaaaah! Sure enough, there she was. Rockets Redglare. The radio guy tried to call her to talk, but she wanted nothing to do with it and hung up on him.

I also met a man on an airplane named Rusty Pipes. Yep, plumbing supplies. He gave me his business card, but I've since lost it.

Another place I worked for hired a guy named Tom Midas. Before he showed up for his first day, we got a memo telling us about him. It ended with a strongly worded message that he's already heard all of the gold and short jokes, thank you, and didn't need to hear them again. He was quite short, 5 foot even, I'd say. He also turned out to be a fairly unfriendly humorless guy.

I heard about Talula last week on the radio. They said in France they now have a list of approved names that parent must choose from as apparently giving strange names was getting out of hand there as well. I am usually against governments having too much say in what we do, but I can kind of understand what France is trying to accomplish.

Jenn, don't you just love the people who want to work on their stuff first, then expect you to fix it/diag it for free?? We seem to have customers that often think that this is a charity, and not a business. It gets old somedays, that is for sure.

BTW, we have started using a program called Identifix to help with diag, it is probably one of the best investments we have made. The owner was made that he didn't start using it sooner.

And another strange name...the SF Giants have a dentist on staff named 'Les Plack', I might have the spelling wrong, but you get the point!:D

There's a customer of mine named D. Rusty Thul (pronounced Tool).

and what's with people having three or four middle names?!?!

I have two middle names, my given name which I was baptized as and then my confirmation name, which even that I would and prefered to stick with my baptism name but my Godmother chose to give me another name and I went with it.

I heard a lady yell at her daughter the other day "Mia Kiera Alexis Renee Smith!! I expected four kids to be coming but it was just one.

My favorite I personally know is a guy at the old church I used to go to was named Richard Boner. But ofcourse he went by Dick.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back