We Lost a Good One (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
I just heard and confirmed on Bobby's site (sorry, I suck at links) that NHRA photographer, Bob Hesser, passed. This guy was truly one of the nicest guys I've ever met in all my years in racing, and he was a hell of a photographer to boot. I have several of his pieces hanging in my home and office.

Wow..................I'm completely stunned. :(

Sean D

That is a surprise, and he was so young. What a shame. My best to his family.

Dave

A little more insight about Bob, his work and his family is here.

Bob was a friend of mine, and truly a good man. The last time I saw him was at dinner in Las Vegas 5 months ago. This news breaks my heart. 46 is too young to die. Rest in peace my friend. Your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

I never met him, but my heart goes out to his loved ones and friends. I probably have seen some of his work. Sounds like he lived an amazing life.

We lost a brother & friend...our thoughts & prayers go out to Bob's family...hr will be missed...

I just heard and confirmed on Bobby's site (sorry, I suck at links) that NHRA photographer, Bob Hesser, passed. This guy was truly one of the nicest guys I've ever met in all my years in racing, and he was a hell of a photographer to boot. I have several of his pieces hanging in my home and office.

Wow..................I'm completely stunned. :(

Sean D

Bob was truly a joy to be around. Even when things were at a frantic pace he always had time for a smile or a funny line. It may sound trite, but I will honestly miss Bob a great deal.

I could pick his photos out even without looking at the credit; he had a real knack for getting a new angle, different lighting, etc.

He was also expert at getting Kommel on the chip with his practical jokes.

Bob was a man who most people have never heard of but was one of the absolute best in the sport.

Last edited:
Bob was a class act and one of the best. He will truly be missed. The walls of the shop and our homes have his work all over. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends during this trying time.

Yes, a great loss, was a joy to be around Bob at all the Div 3 races. Rest in peace Bob, nd God bless your family.

Bob was a friend of mine, and truly a good man. The last time I saw him was at dinner in Las Vegas 5 months ago. This news breaks my heart. 46 is too young to die. Rest in peace my friend. Your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the link, Bob.

Man, I just feel terrible over this deal..........

Sean D

I didn't know him by name but I knew him when I saw his picture. Like you said Bob, that's too young an age to go. My condolences to his friends and family.

My heart is broken... Bob was one of the best highlights of our race days, way back when... LOL. He was always such a genuine great guy. I cannot believe he is gone. He and Ken Sklute were our go to guys for awesome photos, and friendships... such great memories. So sad. God bless his family, he spoke of them non-stop. I am in shock. After Holly left us so suddenly, I cannot believe this. As the saying goes, "only the good...." Godspeed my friends.

Met Bob a couple of times on my 07 trip, only briefly each time, but he seemed like a really cool guy.

R.I.P Bob.

Sad news ideed, he always made sure i got good pics for the Jagermeister folks, great guy. Truly a nice guy in this business.

A fund has been set up to assist Bob's family in this difficult time. If you would like to make a contribution, please send it to:

Victoria Hesser
68 E 300 N
Winchester IN 47394

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back