War Stories Final Round (1 Viewer)

I'm going to miss this when its over. I enjoyed reading all the stories. 2 good ones to end it too. I didnt even know that Roy Hill was involved with the Pettys and Nascar until reading these stories.

Justin, the second annual will have 25 - 30 entries with readers voting on the seeded field of 16. We have a few wildcards coming in for the 2nd annual. December will be here before you know it.

Two Roy Hill Stories for the price of one...

Roy, we love ya, giving the King a drink of pop at Day-tona is classic... But...
Scotty's story is... well, never laughed so hard in my life... been there, done that... and turned out, she went to school with my lil sister.... and I was 900 miles from home...

d'kid

There aren't enough racers in this sport to use up all Scotty's stories. Too bad. There are some really good ones that will never get told.

Jim

There aren't enough racers in this sport to use up all Scotty's stories. Too bad. There are some really good ones that will never get told.

Jim

I'm betting that you could say that about many, many more of the touring Pros...and a lot of sportsmen. There are stories that will just have to be told in private, not in the public eye. I've heard a few and all I can say is OH MY!!! Those folks have had some fun and a few ahem...close calls!;)

Bobby, when I click the link, it tells me that I'm not authorized to view the resource and that I need to login! HELP!?!?! :)

Bob, the voting concluded last night when Scotty had more than a 600 vote lead. We just went ahead and pulled the stories at one of the competitor's request.

Well, that sucks!! I followed the whole thing, and now I can't read the finals?? And no explanation on CP.com whatsoever...pretty lame.

Okay just so you understand, I've kind of left this one alone. But we will explain -- One competitor told a story on the other (and it wasn't a pretty one) and another told a story of stretching some liberties in a NASCAR race.

When it became apparent, just 6 hours into the event, and a 600-plus vote lead, plus a call from one of the competitors asking us to please take the story down -- we showed compassion and followed the request.

I know it's not the explanation you want -- but it's the truth. Sorry we disappointed you, but it became evident this year that we will have to implement some rules for the second annual competition.

I think you can put A and B together considering the two finalists.

Okay just so you understand, I've kind of left this one alone. But we will explain -- One competitor told a story on the other (and it wasn't a pretty one) and another told a story of stretching some liberties in a NASCAR race.

When it became apparent, just 6 hours into the event, and a 600-plus vote lead, plus a call from one of the competitors asking us to please take the story down -- we showed compassion and followed the request.

I know it's not the explanation you want -- but it's the truth. Sorry we disappointed you, but it became evident this year that we will have to implement some rules for the second annual competition.

I think you can put A and B together considering the two finalists.

If the story was what I'm thinking of it never should have seen the light of day, and am disgusted that the competitor had such an appalling lack of ethics and compassion that he thought it worth telling to a wide audience.

You know what they say about karma....

can someone who read them PM me a synopsis....i missed them and now of course my curiosity is peaked!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back