Virginia Motorsports Park Incident? (1 Viewer)

mikebcurve

Nitro Member
This is being released tomorrow. Anyone know what it is about?

99D0EDC0-7A40-4733-97AB-FEE7FDB9F583.jpeg

Leave it to a few to F it up for the many.

Probably going to take longer getting into events, searches more extensive and time consuming. Plus the cost of it plus more security. The costs sucks though. I wouldn't know personally but would image opening the track and running an event operates on thin margins. This isn't going to help anyone. Besides the obvious of being safer.

Real nice. It’s ashamed the Franklins have to deal with that. They seem like good people.
It is a shame. I know the Franklins. Not so much from a kids went to school together or having a BBQ with them. But more from the business side. Whenever I'm able to make it to VMP they are always welcoming, accommodating, and very nice. They have done and continue to make improvements at the track. No idea how this will impact current or future projects but none the less a financial burden that they shouldn't have to absorb.

how come incidents like this, regardless of where it took place, where the perpatrators are not only known, but in custody, are not revealed?

There could be more to the story of course but to me, a stabbing, while serious, could have been investigated in a matter of hours and put to bed. It could have been between two people drinking, bickering over a staging procedure, a woman, or something that had nothing to do with the race. Just toss the two out and let the police handle the rest.

This could have happened in a shopping mall, a McDonalds, a church or any other track in the country at just about any time. Indeed, grudge events often bring a seedier crowd but I don't see why VMP is responsible, why they're being repeatedly investigated or what rules can be altered that would stop to inebriated individuals from squaring off. Again, strictly an opinion from someone who doesn't know the whole story.

We've had some problems with 100+ people crowding around the starting line area during these events but the track personnel have pretty much put a stop to that. Big safety issue. If VMP is allowing this, they'd better stop it pronto.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back