Video - 1975 NHRA US Nationals (1 Viewer)

I was there and still remember it well. In fact I still have the T-shirt

I was at that race on, believe it or not, my honeymoon! I know most newlyweds go to some remote island in the south Pacific, but it was the U.S. Nationals for us. Do you think that has anything to do with why that marriage didn't last? :D

englishtown got rained out that year and i had school monday but my dad promised to go to indy to make up for it. and kept his word.

chris economaki did seem a bit flirty with shirley !

I was there- still have the program, and Shirley autographed a drawing I did of her car too (still have that as well).

Mom would plan family vacations for us that would wind up at Indy for the week, every year throughout the 70s... Lucky, lucky, lucky :)

I love these old videos...CompPlus posts some, and a few other folks post them....I LOVE THEM....

After reading one of Phil Burgess' columns about the 70's, wheel pants to be more specific, I recall one of the deals was, some racers thought they were dangerous, others said they had no issues....but getting to see LaHaie's crash was enough for me....it's pretty plain to see that the wheel pants caused a simple out of shape run to turn into a "right turn Clyde"....

Great show, and yeah, between Chris smooching on her, and rubbing his hand in her hair and pushing her around, it was pretty obvious he was nursing a big 'ole horsepower crush on the lady legend....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back