Veteran's Day (1 Viewer)

Don

Nitro Member
I live about 18 miles South of Ft Knox and I am sure that most know this is where the Army does Tank Training. When they’re training and firing rounds you can hear them in my house…windows closed and the TV on.

This evening they were practicing and as I was doing some work on the computer, listening to the "booms," I thought to myself, that’s the sound of freedom, which made me remember that tomorrow is Veterans Day.

I would like to take this moment to remember, reflect, honor and most importantly….say THANKS to all of the men and women who are serving, who have served and from our founding Fathers through today; all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to ensure our FREEDOM and LIBERITY.

Thank God for their service and PLEASE never, ever forget the very high price that has been paid for our Country.

God bless those who serve and God bless America!!

POST OF THE YEAR DON!

I have the honor of being a Civilian working with the Air Force's 460th Space wing Logistics Readiness Squadron. Every day, I hear another "SOUND OF FREEDOM"...the sound of F-16's/ F-15's and occasionally a few F-22 Raptors taking off and Landing on training exercises. It is comforting knowing that my office is only a few hundred yards away from the place that monitors anything coming into our neck of the woods! These Men and Women who have defended our freedoms and liberties thru the years have done so by their CHOICE! They CHOOSE to serve our country! They CHOOSE to go wherever their commanders tell them to go. They CHOOSE to do their job, and they do it well!

I am proud to work with this group of Men and Women! I am honored to SERVE THEM in my job every day, and I thank those who have served in the past for the work they have done! I have the freedom's and Liberties I have today because of THEM!

So, from the bottom of my heart, to every Vet out there......

THANK YOU!:)

AMEN!!!

My hat's off to all those Veterans who risked life and limbs for our freedoms and to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice words could never repay the debt we owe them and their families.

America is the greatest country in the world and though we may be down we will rise again -thanks to all the Men and Women of our Armed Forces!!

WE SALUTE YOU!!

Open Letter to our Veterans

AN OPEN LETTER TO OUR VETERANS
Thank Our Veterans - A site dedicated to saying thank you to our veterans.

Since we became an independent country many years have come and gone, however, there is one constant that remains from the 1700’s through today. Our country has had many brave men and women volunteer to defend our country. There was a movie produced about World War II, whose name I cannot recall, but at the end there is a line which rings true (even though the words are not an exact quote), “Where do we get these brave men and women to always step forward when the need arises?”

These men and women come from all over our country and too many times are taken for granted. Men and women, who during times of war and peace, are on-call 24 hours a day 7 days a week and spend countless holidays, birthdays and special events away from their family and friends. The pay is not great, but they continue to volunteer and many make it a career.

They are mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins and friends. We may not always agree in the wars and battles that we fight, but this should not deter us from the support we give to these men and women in uniform. It is through the sacrifice that they and the numerous individuals before them have made, which provides us with the freedoms we have to disagree and speak our objections.

While words cannot pay what we owe you and your families, we ‘thank you’ for your sacrifice. To the families who have lost loved ones, we offer our most heartfelt condolences. Many of us have never endured the pain you must feel, but our hearts hurt for your loss and wish we could help ease your pain.

Let us never forget the people who did not make it home. Remember those still serving in our prayers and never take for granted the sacrifices they make. In closing, one more time I would like to say……
Thank you !

My heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all who have served and who are still serving to protect our country and our rights, freedoms and liberty.
Jackee

Thanks, Vets! Since I moved back to Iowa earlier this summer I've really missed hearing the Oregon Air National Guard F-15's taking off from PDX. Hearing those jets flying overhead always gave me goosebumps and made me realize I was hearing the sound of freedom.

And let's not forget that the support doesn't stop when they return.

The VA is doing a remarkable job.

Like most Other Vets, bout time I carried my bottom back to work...

Thanks Shipmates, it was a pleasure serving with you.
Same goes to all the Air Force, US Army, Coast Guard, and MARINES I've had the pleasure to know over the years.

d'kid

thank you to all men & women that have served, are serving and their
families who also sacrifice.

My dad used to be in the army. I have a tremendous amount of respect for them as well as all the other armed forces units.

TODAY'S COOL SITE.....

Veterans Day
Today is Veterans Day, so let's take a moment to honor our vets. They have given up so much for our country.

A great way to get started is to learn a little bit about Veterans Day. Then, read up on America's wars.

You can do all of this on the History Channel's Veterans Day site. You can even watch videos detailing veterans' experiences.

When you're done, head over to Legacy.com. Its Moving Tributes page features video tributes to those who lost their lives in Afghanistan and Iraq. It is one of the most moving sites I've seen.

Maybe you'd like to create a moving tribute for a loved one. Getting started is easy—and free. Your tribute will remain online permanently.

Now, I'm sure I have many veterans in my audience. If you're a veteran, don't miss the military's Web site.

Military.com features stories that will appeal to any reader. But, it also has special resources for veterans.

You can find employment resources, along with information about benefits. It's a must for anyone who has served.

Thank you for all you've done, vets!

TO VISIT TODAY'S COOL SITE, GO HERE:
History Channel's Veterans Day site - The History Channel - Home Page
Legacy.com Moving Tributes page - Obituaries | Death Notices | Newspaper Obituaries | Online Obituaries | Newspaper Death Notices | Online Death Notices
Military.com stories and special resources - Benefiting the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard - Military.com

Thanks, Vets! Since I moved back to Iowa earlier this summer I've really missed hearing the Oregon Air National Guard F-15's taking off from PDX. Hearing those jets flying overhead always gave me goosebumps and made me realize I was hearing the sound of freedom.

Yes, two weekends near Nellis,and I got to see some of those planes. From the sleek fighter jets to the big rumbling cargo jets that you wonder how in the world they got those bad boy off the ground.

Since I'm into the habbit of dating military men, (I'm pretty sure this one will be the last though :p), I've gotten to see them do formations and exercises that make your hearts swell, but NOTHING was a powerful as watching the changing of the Guard at Arlington.

Seeing the crowd go from noisey chatter and visiting to absolute silence and awe. Grown men of all ages walk away with tears streaming down their faces. Knowing the perfection that the soldiers who guard that tomb put into their work of guarding that one soldier, known but to God.

Watching a man set up a lawn chair and sit stroking the gravestone of his loved one from the time we got there to the time that Thomas and I left.

Or even sitting at the USO and watching the soldiers coming home from overseas or TDY absolutely exhausted but still with the passion and stature of a man with pride.

Thank you veterans, for your sacrifice and honor that we can all share and love.

A huge thank you to all those who have served. May God bless you, your families, and give you strength. We owe so much to these men and women...I am humbled by their service.

Thank you so very much to my husband, my grandfather, other relatives I've never met, and all of our other military men and women who give so much to keep us free. We may only remember to tell you once a year...but we think about it every day. THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to all you vets who gave so much for this great country that we love. Thanks to my Uncle Burk, a retired Marine who was awarded a purple heart in Korea as a young man. Thanks to my father in law for your many years of service to the United States Air Force. Thanks to all of those who serve and defend us each and every day. May God bless you all. And may we never forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

To all those I know and have known, I am honored and I thank you for your dedication, sacrifice and the honor you have shown. For all those I don't know I thank you, for your dedication, honor and sacrifice. You all have my respect and gratitude and prayers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back