Vance & Hines Parked? (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Saw on FB that HD didn’t renew their VH flat track and drag racing programs for 2021.

Sorry Paul I saw it on FB from my phone and couldn’t link it. I’ll try again unless someone else sees it and posts it.

All the mid life crisis males bought them already, now they are sitting in garages or for sale for $2,000 over retail because they're trying to re-coup the cost of all the accessories, but are only going to get pennies on the dollar. IMO HD has no plan going forward, all pricing is out of range for the average consumer who wants one for transportation.

Fixed it for ya.

Kinda ironic as one of my Saturday morning breakfast buddies is part owner of Saddlemen who makes motorcycle seats and bags for all kinds of bikes and he says that they are busier now than ever before. So much so that they added a second shift.

After reading this I did some Googling on what HD has been up to lately. They are certainly cleaning house and getting back to basics by the looks, but keeping some innovations such as the Livewire. If they can stay at the front of the electric market that may turn out to be far more profitable in the long run.

As Eat My Ink notes, perhaps the best way for V&H to go forward would be to make the Harley Pro Stock Motorcycles available to anyone who wants one. There are surely plenty of well-off hobbyists that would be plenty interested in being able to race very fast Harleys at a national level.

Good interview with Matt Smith on the link posted. I'm not really a fan of PSB, but it's good to read an interview with some substance to it for a change. Smith seems like a good guy.

always thought the HD simulators in the midway were the biggest hit with the fans; more so than anything on-track.
if PSB is to remain a viable class, IMO v&h possess a potent bike/engine combination, as the article eludes to.

V&H changing focus, still a big player in the High Performance game. I think it will be interesting to see what else they get into with some extra time on their hands.....

Whether you are a fan or their NHRA program or not, they have a building full of REALLY SMART people that are focused on performance.

Alan

I wonder if VHR will still continue with their Suzuki program. I bet if the get support, they could bring them back to the top just like Jerry S. did.

I wonder if VHR will still continue with their Suzuki program. I bet if the get support, they could bring them back to the top just like Jerry S. did.

Suzuki is barely supporting Supercross and Motocross teams right now, with the Joe Gibbs Racing MX team folding just this week. I'd doubt that Suzuki would be investing in PSM when the on track product is even farther away from what they sell than that of MX.

Kinda ironic as one of my Saturday morning breakfast buddies is part owner of Saddlemen who makes motorcycle seats and bags for all kinds of bikes and he says that they are busier now than ever before. So much so that they added a second shift.

Kenny H.?

All the mid life crisis males bought them already, now they are sitting in garages or for sale for pennies on the dollar. IMO HD has no plan going forward, all pricing is out of range for the average consumer who wants one for transportation.

That could be said about almost any automobile today. Who can afford a $60k truck? Since when did trucks become luxury vehicles that cost $60k-100k+? It was long ago that you could get a new truck for under $20k. You wouldn't guess that was just about impossible today. And it's not because of inflation, either.

Hell, you can barely get 6 yr old truck for 17k or $18k today. That's insane considering my truck was about 5 years old when I bought it for $5k +TTL and it was over $20k when new. Sh*t just doesn't make sense.

Its like back a few years ago when I totalled it in a flood by sucking up water in the engine. They gave me like $4200 for it like 9 years after I bought it and I couldn't find anything within 5 years of my truck for that amount. So I did what any sane person would do. I bought it back from the insurance company for like $150 and replaced the engine for $1400 and had a better truck for $1550 than I could've bought anywhere else for even $5k

Last edited:
That could be said about almost any automobile today. Who can afford a $60k truck? Since when did trucks become luxury vehicles that cost $60k-100k+? It was long ago that you could get a new truck for under $20k. You wouldn't guess that was just about impossible today. And it's not because of inflation, either.

Hell, you can barely get 6 yr old truck for 17k or $18k today. That's insane considering my truck was about 5 years old when I bought it for $5k +TTL and it was over $20k when new. Sh*t just doesn't make sense.

Its like back a few years ago when I totalled it in a flood by sucking up water in the engine. They gave me like $4200 for it like 9 years after I bought it and I couldn't find anything within 5 years of my truck for that amount. So I did what any sane person would do. I bought it back from the insurance company for like $150 and replaced the engine for $1400 and had a better truck for $1550 than I could've bought anywhere else for even $5k

That's no sh!t......

While we were shopping for a used car for my son who had just turned 16, I was walking around a showroom down in Indy and there was a new Silverado all decked out.............$81K! I couldn't believe it. Don't get me wrong, it was bad to the bone, but like you said, who the hell can afford that? I'm sure the group that can is much smaller than can't. Absolutely unreal.....

Sean D

Well, if ya want a small truck you could buy a Ford Ranger, turbo 4 cyl. Nice little in-town truck, but it's over $30,000. arghhh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back