Updated NHRA Oildown Policy (1 Viewer)

Hell if we are gonna make it harsh, might as well say that if you oil the track your points are returned to zero every time you do it... And you also lose all event purses...

Another example of nhra talkin out of both sides of their mouth. They fine Force for "bad behavior" but, how many times have we seen the Pedrigon argument ??

Don't forget about BV jr being fined by the NHRA for abandoning his car, and walking on an active race track with a dangerous surface in Atlanta.

in addition, the NHRA wants to charge $10,000 everytime a FC body blows into smithereens....it costs a lot for those sticky lint rollers to pick up all the sharp shards off the racing surface

BTW Jim Dunn's next sponsor will be:
hd-sticky-lint-roller-1-lg.jpg
he always finds the new to the sport sponsors!

I can understand the reasoning but I do believe its harsh. If they do this they should give the teams plenty of time between rounds. Give the teams time to go over the car and check that things were done right even 5-10 extra minutes.

Last year was brutal as far as oil downs go. Something has to be done. I do like the idea of earning a free one if you have a certain number of clean runs only because things happen out of your control.

I would say after 2 you are mandated to have a pan pressure shut off. If you show a history of being a leaker, you are required to have one too.

What ever happened to NHRA putting repeat offenders on Probation like they used too? I remember Jack Wyatt and Paul Romine were...

Just like I've posted on other social media, NHRA only went half way on this new policy, which shouldn't surprise anybody. Let's keep highlighting the negative and tag the teams with stiffer penalties, but have NOTHING on deck for a way to get credit for X-amount of clean runs. They know that needed addressed also, because they/he was quoted as saying as much. I understand the need for some sort of policy to be put in place, but until you have a plan put together that covers ALL the bases, you don't come out with anything at all, as far as I'm concerned.

And PJ's point is a good one..........a VERY good one.

Sean D

I can understand the reasoning but I do believe its harsh. If they do this they should give the teams plenty of time between rounds. Give the teams time to go over the car and check that things were done right even 5-10 extra minutes.
Oh Yeah ... let's go back to longer race days. That will really grow the live fans base ??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually nhra is doing just the opposite, by doing more "LIVE broadcasts" they shortin the turn-around time. But then fine for parts breakage...........duh !!!
This will also hurt the "Q" shows, as teams are already stating they'll skip "Q's once they are in to avoid possible pts lose.

You've gotta have time to look at your stuff. Yea, you can crank out a 30 minute turn around, but once in a while it's going to turn out like a 30 minute paint job on a classic car...not exactly what you were hoping for.

Good. Fast. Now go ahead and pick one. Usually you can't have both.

They seem to think people are going to watch this on live TV. Really, when Street Outlaws out pulls NHRA ESPN 4 to 1.

The live shows outdraw the Tape delay via the Ratings by a significant amount! Otherwise NHRA wouldn't bother...Besides Jay, you have said you only attend Nostalgia shows anyway, why would it matter to you?

We are talking about TV, not nostalgia races. I don't watch Street Outlaws either, but apparently way more people due than are interested in NHRA big show on TV.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back