U.S. Retailer Shuns Sale to US Troops in Iraq (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
This retailer could have left it by saying they did not ship to APO's. That is their right. Their political comment was not necessary.

US retailer shuns sale to US troop in Iraq
In January 2007 Sgt. Jason Hess, 1st BCT 1st Cavalry Division, stationed in Iraq wrote an email to Discount Floor Mats | Commercial | Industrial | Yoga | Exercise | Door Mats in West Allis, Wisconsin. He wanted to get some mats for his troops to sleep on over here. In the email he asked them if they would ship to an APO. Here is the response he got:

“Sgt. Hess,
We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.

Bargain Supplier
Discount-Mats.com”

There are many rumors that take on life on the internet that are baseless or exaggerated. Apparently this is not one of them. I checked the veracity of this one at Urban Legends Reference Pages: Discount Mat Rude Response to U.S. Soldier

Please feel free to check it out yourself, but either way please pass this on. Discount-Mats has every right to not ship their merchandise to our troops, but we as citizens have every right to exercise our right to protest their decision (and the rude way they chose to express it) by not buying anything from them and encouraging others to do the same.

Jim
Baghdad, Iraq

A little karma?

Discount-Mats.com is Experiencing Technical Difficulties...
If you are inquiring about your order, please contact us via phone or email.
Thank you for your understanding & patience.

:D

They've probably got 4000.000 e-mails I got everybody I know to flood them. Boy I fell sorry for the guy that made that statement if he's just some little flunky flapping his gums. You wanna bet they make a huge donations of mats now !!!! Thanks for the compliment Tony!!! And thanks to Jackee for putting it up also !!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back