Two Piece Intake Manifolds with Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

I think they work to a point by releasing internal pressure. Remember how things were before burst panels. arghhh

and yet when it blows the supercharger goes up and crooked along with splitting the body. So do they actually work ??

Yes they actually work. Not every explosion is the same. If you split the block, this manifold isn't going to help, but if you over rev and bang one like T.J. did last week, it can save you some parts. Tim told me that since he started running them the most damage he has had to the body is a broken windshield. And he swears by them. But like the Top Fuel canopy, there are others who have a different opinion.

Alan

I saw that too. Didn't wanna comment cuz reminded me of when I slammed the car door on my finger. Said unkind things.....

i have a question pertaining to this problem the bottom of the blower has the same opening as the manifold.the older manifolds used to be open all the way from front to back like a big rectangle opening. so if u used an older manifold or opened up the current one not the blower just the manifold wouldnt that be the same thing as doing all that to the manifold like in the video? the blower will still force the air into the front of the manifold regardless of how big the hole in the manifold is because really its the same until u separate the two then the hole is bigger for the air to escape plus u can install the manifold more evenly because u can go back to feeling the ports as u tighten it down to the heads... 🤔👌

This is a great idea along with the hinged hatches on the bodies that I think the Force team first developed that along with this manifold will save most of the body. Should save teams money in the long
run once they are more widely used. Thanks Alan for showing this.

and yet when it blows the supercharger goes up and crooked along with splitting the body. So do they actually work ??
I would say that despite not completely preventing splitting the body, they are helpful. Often with the one-piece manifolds a blower explosion would blow out the bottom of the manifold and send a fireball inside the engine and the resulting oil/nitro mist fire resembled a nuclear explosion, usually a complete body-shredding event.

Alan, I notice there are dovetail o-ring grooves in the base of the manifold. Since the grooves are not for a continuous ring I presume they are using o-ring cord stock to make the seal between the manifold halves?

Channel the explosion through a tube to a turbine in the rear end.....so when the engine blows, all that force propels you across the finish line hopefully faster than your opponent

Alan, I notice there are dovetail o-ring grooves in the base of the manifold. Since the grooves are not for a continuous ring I presume they are using o-ring cord stock to make the seal between the manifold halves?

Correct, I'm going to do another one looking at the manifolds air distribution capabilities, and it shows it much more vividly. Tim gave me a brand new manifold for that

Last edited:
I've been lucky enough to be involved in the evolution of this product as my boss Tom Shelar designed this years ago and ran it on our High Speed Motorsports nostalgia Top Fuel Dragster. I believe we ran the first one around 2005-2006. Then a big show crew chief came to Tom asking if he could design and build one for a late model Top Fuel car. The rest as they say, is history. It's been a fun project being involved in the design and production of this and seeing it become a mainstream part on most of the Top Fuel and Funny Cars out there.

Sean, you have been kicking butt in TA/FC. I wanna see you guys run in the .30's. Do you still keep in touch with High Speed AA/FD? Mendy Fry ran 5.40's at Bakersfield this year. Do they still run your products? BTW, I used to watch your dad race, Easy Rider altered. Always thought he was a great racer.

Sean, you have been kicking butt in TA/FC. I wanna see you guys run in the .30's. Do you still keep in touch with High Speed AA/FD? Mendy Fry ran 5.40's at Bakersfield this year. Do they still run your products? BTW, I used to watch your dad race, Easy Rider altered. Always thought he was a great racer.

Hey Cliff... thank you! I am still very involved in the HSMS Top Fuel car. I actually leave tomorrow for Bowling Green. I still throw clutch discs in and out of that thing. Tom has it running really well. As for 5.30s... that's tough in the summer months but hopefully we'll see some conditions again this year like the ones in Gainesville. My dad is my hero... he taught me 90% of what I know in drag racing. We still race his funny car and are in the process of working the bugs out of a nostalgia car... stay tuned.;)

Thanks Sean. I wanna see that #1 on the alky car for 2019. :) Keep us up to date on the nostalgia car. That sounds interesting.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back