2 Piece Blower Manifold (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Did I get this right? In case of explosion, studs break and the manifold separates to release pressure? Looks like two very expensive pieces of machined aluminum, hopefully it can be reassembled after an explosion and is not sacrificial. Guess it's all relative . . . if an expensive manifold saves even more expensive parts, it might be worth it. Kalitta AJPE manifolds now have FOUR burst panels . . . really glad not to have anything to do with paying for fuel engine parts - ;)

Correct. The thinking is that the top will separate allowing pressure to escape, and the bottom will stay intact preventing the fireball from entering the engine and igniting oil, resulting in a huge fire. Remember that the engine oil gets highly diluted with nitro during a run and becomes quite volatile. I guess it remains to be seen if any of the parts will be reusable, but if it prevents an oil fire that can only be good.

Correct. The thinking is that the top will separate allowing pressure to escape, and the bottom will stay intact preventing the fireball from entering the engine and igniting oil, resulting in a huge fire. Remember that the engine oil gets highly diluted with nitro during a run and becomes quite volatile. I guess it remains to be seen if any of the parts will be reusable, but if it prevents an oil fire that can only be good.
as long as nothing comes apart enough to hit it you should be able to replace studs and reuse

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back