Two more videos you guys may (or may not) like... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Well, at least one you may not like.

Here is my 6th "They Walked Away" crash video: YouTube - Multi-series crash comp part 5.

Watch it now, as apparently the song used is taboo on Youtube and I copyright disputed it - which I'm probably going to lose so it might get taken down.

It's really because of the crap known as the DMCA, it has caused several of my videos to be taken down for "infringement," even though I don't make a dime off my vids.

So, here is a video blog about it: YouTube - Rejected AGAIN! How the DMCA is ruining fun and creativity, not just here but other places too.

Sam, Sam, Sam...............
I enjoyed your rant about the DMCA, but I must tell you that you are wrong about a couple of things.

1. (I am not defending Republicans here) The DMCA was passed on October 12, 1998 by a unanimous vote in the U.S. Senate and signed into law by President Bill Clinton (D) on October 28, 1998, the DMCA amended Title 17 of the United States Code to extend the reach of copyright, while limiting the liability of the providers of on-line services for copyright infringement by their users. It was written by Assistant Secretary of Commerce and Commissioner of Patents and Trademarks Bruce Lehman who was good buddies with Al (I invented the internet) Gore during the Clinton Years. He is also the guy that helped write the deregulation bill that has put Radio in it’s current dismal state. He is a Democrat so to blame Republicans for this is wrong, there are plenty of things other things to blame them for.

2. I have an on-line radio station and have to pay rights to a number of people for the use of the music, yet don't make a dime from it.

I have no sympathy for record companies, but do understand that musicians and writers should be paid for the work they do and the talent they have.
Just because you or I make no money from our hobbies does not mean that the talent that makes the music you use should not be compensated for it.

You see file sharing sites started this and instead of finding a way to take advantage of it, the record companies decided to try and stop it. A bad move that would never work because the consumer is always a head of the supplier.

As far as the NHRA goes, as it stands right now they CAN prevent you from publishing Photos, Videos and even sounds from a national event. It was never a problem before the internet came along and made it possible for us to share things with anybody anywhere in the world. For the most part they leave everybody alone and we should all be glad for that. They could just say, no cameras of any type allowed and that would be the end of that. It’s really no different that not being able to take cameras or recording devices into a concert.

People that post video taken from TV do not have the right to do so because they don’t own it. The same thing goes for the music you use in your videos you don’t own the right to broadcast it which is what you are doing when you post it to U-Tube. U-Tube is protecting it’s self and you pulling down your video.

I know it won’t stop you from making videos, I do it myself. I would suggest however that you not use Metallica music. They are one of the bands leading the charge in the DMCA law suits, they also played a large part in the demise of the original NAPSTER. They want to be paid for the music they make.

Sorry about the long post, and again I am not trying to start anything here I just wanted to put in my .02 on this.

Hope you have a great New Year and get to go to a lot of races this year.

Dan

Hate to bring this thread up, but I found why Youtube was going crazy with removing videos with music is because after nearly reaching a deal Warner Music Group (WMG) pulled their music rights license from Youtube.

This wasn't the case of Youtube not wanting to pay up, this was the case of Warner being greedy *******s. They weren't content with just showing ads on the side of the page, they wanted this crap:

1. They wanted youtube to pay huge royalties to them every time a video containing WMG content was viewed. Seems OK until you realize the artists are not going to see any of that... it's going to go into the record exec's pockets.

2. They wanted to place ads in videos that contained WMG music. Not ads on the page that anyone with adblock plus can disable, but embedded ads in videos!

3. They wanted Youtube to charge users a monthly/yearly subscription fee if they wanted to upload videos with WMG content. Not only would Youtube not see any of that money, but it would not go to the artists.

I made my own little vent about it: YouTube - Warner Music Group - taking the fun out of Youtube.

Yup, sounds like a record company. They are as desperate as everybody else out there right now they are also working on removing the royalties exemption on Radio Stations and want to raise the fee's to the point that stations will just stop playing music because it costs too much.

Here is a little tid bit for you SAM, at one time in the not too distant past ASCAP and BMI went after the Girl Scouts to try and get performance money for the songs they sing around the campfire!

Have a fine day Sam, in time this will all go away.

Dan

From what I heard, the original deal was that for each view on a video that featured WMG content (whether official or user-generated), WMG would get a penny from the views and also a penny when a user clicks on the ads on the top of the description page.

That may seem paltry until you read that Youtube has anywhere between 80 to 100 million visitors each month. That adds up.

However, the rumor is that WMG wanted to get a dollar or more for each view or ad click. Youtube knew that would pretty much bankrupt them or force them into charging users a subscription fee. That's when they said no and that's when WMG walked out.

From what I have read also, many of their artists are pissed because they were counting on youtube for free promotion and also so people can preview their work before buying it and it's now gone.

Here's a sad fact for you: WMG owns the rights to "happy birthday," so if you upload a video of people singing happy birthday, it'll get pulled.

Not at all suprised, they are trying to do the same thing to Radio. This will come back to bite them in the ass. Alot of new artists are going out on there own because of actions like this. As I said before this will eventually all work out and WMG will wonder what happened and why there are just a footnote in music buisness.

Dan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back