TS/TD at Indy: What will it take? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
This year they added Nitro Harleys, but still no Top Sportsman and Top Dragster. I've said it before and it's still true- overall the Sportsmen have been under quota (specifically SG and SC). There theoretically should already be room in the schedule given the published quotas compared to actual cars showing up.

If a division has a Lucas Oil National Championship, imo they should get to race at the organization's largest event. Off soapbox.

This year they added Nitro Harleys, but still no Top Sportsman and Top Dragster. I've said it before and it's still true- overall the Sportsmen have been under quota (specifically SG and SC). There theoretically should already be room in the schedule given the published quotas compared to actual cars showing up.

If a division has a Lucas Oil National Championship, imo they should get to race at the organization's largest event. Off soapbox.

I’d love to see those two there, but with over 100 in both S/C and S/G, I doubt it will happen!

Joe, the quota for both is 180. Even if both SC and SG get 120, there is (in theory) already room built in. Also, Comp does not draw as many cars as it used to.

Top Dragster and Top Sportsman are not Lucas Oil classes...national we are sponsored by Racing RV; here in Division 1 we're sponsored by MXI Industrial and Select Performance

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 9
  • top-dragster.gif
    top-dragster.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 8
  • top-sportsman.gif
    top-sportsman.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 6
On NHRA's own website, under 2017 points standings, Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, TS and TD are shown right along with the other sportsmen classes that have a National Championship.

I assume Racing RV''s is still the sponsor, rather than Lucas Oil, for the National Championship. They have been the last few years. It takes additional effort for it to constantly be called out separately, so it doesn't always happen and get's grouped in with the Lucas Oil series out of convenience. I'm not sure if that is what drives the inclusion in Indy or not. NHRA doesn't want us to be there, or think they have the room/time/etc. We are not invited. I guess Joe Fisher doesn't have the same stroke that Forrest Lucas does ... imagine that (no knock on Joe, Forrest is likely the single most influential person in NHRA drag racing that doesn't get a W-2 from them).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back