Truck Pull Photos from Buck Motorsports Park (1 Viewer)

slim

Nitro Member
Here are some photos from the May 15 Truck Pulls from Buck Motorsports Park

Next week we start to turn up the volume with the Maple Grove Division 1 points meet Followed by the Joliet and Englishtown National Events stay tuned for lots of pictures.

My Facebook page

David Smith

Growing up in Kentucky, I loved going to the county fairs and watching the stock tractor classes at the pulls. Most of the guys were farmers that we knew and it was always a hoot.

Thanks for posting the pics.

I grew up watching the truck pulls in the arena shows in Pittsburgh. There were alot of western PA and OH pullers so the shows were always packed. They ran them in the civic arena so imagine all that noise confined indoors. Only familiar truck I saw was gone awol, who was a Western PA guy I believe. The big national event for pulling is only a couple hours away form where Im at now (MN) in Tomah WI. It would be cool to go, but I think I would be disapointed because it would lack the nostalgia of those pulls from back when I was young.

Years ago at the County Fair they had tractor pulling, started with the 'lawn tractor' class. At a glance all I saw was a little Cub Cadet, looked stock to me. So, I passed on the extra couple bux admission. A few minutes later they fired them up! Shoot, those little cubs had SBC engines. I bought a ticket on the spot. A few years later in the 80,000 seat Pontiac Silverdome I saw drag racing's E. J. Potter, famous for SBC powered motorcycle drag bikes, run a jet turbine tractor. As I remember that show was over REAL fast, as one of the tractors busted the dray and they canceled to show. I doubt there were 4,000 people there. I always wondered if that dray was really broken.

OH! And the diesel tractors, they spewed so much exhaust you couldn't see across the arena.

PS to David, just looked at your album, great shots. Just imagine a cadre of those 4430s indoors!

Bob

Last edited:
Great; just GREAT! Thank you; I really enjoyed seeing these. Me - I was a Pontiac Silverdome kid, from 1975 to 1989. I rest my case.

Thought people reading this thread would enjoy this story.

Coming into work this morning come up to a 4 way stop about 3 mins from where I work. I see an all white chevy truck drive from right to left coming out of their stop... cool it has that old "USA*1" logo and flag streamer painted on the side. Wow it looks really good, identical to the old monster truck, same size and scale. Take a look at the driver, older guy... glasses and a huge white cowboy hat.

FLASH

I remember reading Everett Jasmer, one of the founding fathers of monster trucks lives in Ham Lake MN, the town adjacent to where I was at and in the direction he was heading. I remember seeing pics of Evrett, older guy in glasses, trademark was a big white cowboy hat.

After looking on the net, USA1 headquarters is about 5 mins up the road from where Im at right now. Pretty big building/garage. I would imagine that is where the original USA1 is stored, along with all the others.

What a piece of history... No email, but phone number is widely available. I have to get up the courage to call so I can check it out. When I was growing up, USA-1 was the Chevy monster truck, and Bigfoot was the Ford monster truck... and that was it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back