Toyota unveils new GR Supra Funny Car body for 2022 NHRA season (1 Viewer)

Here is a better side pic taken and posted on Twitter by fellow mater Mark Rebilas.

Attachments

• F20485E8-F655-430D-8F5D-1EF1E25EEBB6.png
    F20485E8-F655-430D-8F5D-1EF1E25EEBB6.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 221
I like it. I know ppl hate they look like bathtubs with stickers but this is what you get if you want 330mph funny cars. I think they done a good job of incorporating some of the features to make it resemble an actual Supra. The Camaro funny cars are the ugliest thing I have ever seen. There is not one thing other than the stickers that resemble a Camaro. At least with the Chargers and even the Mustang, you can see some features that resemble the car. The Camaro looks like a Modified dirt car

Wonder if any race teams will switch to this body. Race coverage today show Alexis & JR sitting inside the new car. I guess they can see better. I had a chance to see a Supra up close & man is that a slick lookin' car.

Wonder if any race teams will switch to this body. Race coverage today show Alexis & JR sitting inside the new car. I guess they can see better. I had a chance to see a Supra up close & man is that a slick lookin' car.
Probably depends on the wind tunnel results.

I think it looks great! As far as the modern era of swoopy FC bodies, this may be the best attempt so far at trying to resemble the street counterpart. For those that say it's just a change of stickers, I feel that they aren't even paying attention, they're just saying that out of habit. The new Supra really stands out IMO. Another thing that stands out, is Toyota's investment in the sport.

The broadcast said Toyota had worked on the design 2 years, so am thinking it had it's share of wind tunnel testing. Would be cool to see more Toyotas in drag racing. Have wondered why Toyota doesn't develop a 500" motor for Pro/S? They did make an OHV V-8 for NASCAR, so maybe based on that design?

The roof looks different than other FC's. Also has a "crease" in the side of the body, to mimic the real body. Interesting to me that the Supra GR has a BMW twin turbo straight 6 and it goes like stink. So let me test one for a year or so......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back