Tough questions by Gerould and Reif (1 Viewer)

I also find it amazing that these folks feel secure and comfortable with themselves, to allow us to view them in this highly emotional state.

Crying is as much a part of life as laughing is. When I used to feel uncomfortable in the presence of someone who was crying or in any way, emotional, I learned that it was because of my own insecurity in allowing my emotions to be viewed by others. Holding all of that in for so many years, led to an emotional breakdown which caused me losing everything in my life that made it worth living. While what was lost was never recovered, the good news is that I wouldn't trade who I am today. for who I was back then, for anything.

:cool:

I've read that crying actually releases toxins from our bodies that build up from stress. It's actually healthy to cry when something like this happens.

I just want to give em all big hug.

I also find it amazing that these folks feel secure and comfortable with themselves, to allow us to view them in this highly emotional state.

Crying is as much a part of life as laughing is. When I used to feel uncomfortable in the presence of someone who was crying or in any way, emotional, I learned that it was because of my own insecurity in allowing my emotions to be viewed by others. Holding all of that in for so many years, led to an emotional breakdown which caused me losing everything in my life that made it worth living. While what was lost was never recovered, the good news is that I wouldn't trade who I am today. for who I was back then, for anything.

I believe these folks will continue to have emotion/show emotion for months to come. It doesn't mean that they are weak, only grieving. I'm glad to see people who are comfortable enough, despite their positions and professions to grieve. It means they are handling it the right way. The person I would be concerned about is the person who stays in the back corner when something like this happens, and does and says nothing. Many times, as Jackee has said, that person is the one who will eventually have a breakdown of sorts.

The top end interviews yesterday were simply amazing. JR Todd being there for Brandon was awesome. Robert Hight's warm hearted demeanor was spectacular. Folks, we have seen in the last three weeks what NHRA Drag Racing is all about.

I think one of the most touching things was when Ashley said she kept thinking she saw Eric, briefly, all weekend. Even though you know intellectually that someone close is gone, your memory keeps playing tricks on you when it responds to familiar cues - someone who walks or stands or dresses like someone you have lost, or walking into a place where that person was always present. Being in a racing environment all weekend undoubtedly triggered a lot of similar responses among those close to Eric. Eventually their minds will adapt to not having Eric around in that environment, that's part of the healing process.

I didn't catch it the first time but when they aired the interview with Ashley during eliminations I heard Dave ask her quietly if she wanted to skip the question.

Yeah..I heard that too yesterday when they were re-running the interview. I didn't hear that part before... still..what a rough emotional interview...

T

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back