Torco Race Fuels Gm Big Winner In Thursday Sponsor Event (1 Viewer)

TORCO RACE FUELS GM BIG WINNER IN THURSDAY SPONSOR EVENT;
Persistent rains force postponement of first annual Torco Nationals

DINWIDDIE, Va. - Eric Zerbe usually spends much of his time at the drag races coordinating deliveries of race fuels to various race teams and customers. Three days ago he got the opportunity to jump the fence and actually race.

Zerbe was the big winner in a 30-plus driver field as he drove his way to the victory in the NHRA Torco Race Fuels Nationals Sponsor's Race on Thursday. He defeated master nitro tuner Steve Boggs in the final round. Adding value to his victory, this field also included three-time NHRA Top Fuel national event champion JR. Todd and defending Top Alcohol Dragster champion Steve Torrence.

"This was really a fun time," Zerbe said. "It was fun to get on the other side of the fence and race. I wouldn't mind doing this again but I'm very happy just making sure everyone gets their fuel."

Unfortunately for the rest of the racing community, Friday through Sunday at the Torco Race Fuels Nationals at Virginia Motorsports Park was a total wash-out. Persistent rain showers forced a postponement of the event until next weekend.

Knoll Gas Motorsports - Torco Race Fuels owner Evan Knoll is disappointed for the multitude of race fans who didn't get the opportunity to watch what promised to be a thunderous weekend of top-notch competition.

"The weather is something we learned a long time ago that we cannot control but that doesn't stop us from being disappointed," Knoll said. "I hate it for the fans. They are the heroes and strength behind this sport. I hate it for them. You feel bad for the racers who travel and can do nothing but watch it rain. It's a bad deal for everyone.

"The race is scheduled for next week and I hope that everyone can return then and afford us the opportunity to stage one of the greatest drag races in the world."

Next weekend's race schedule will be the same with qualifying rounds scheduled for 3 and 6 p.m. on Friday the 13th, noon and 3 p.m. on Saturday the 14th and eliminations set for 11 a.m. on Sunday the 15th.

The value of tickets purchased for this weekend can be applied to tickets for next weekend or next season's event here. For ticket information, contact Virginia Motorsports Park at (804) 862-3174.

For more information about Torco Race Fuels, visit their website at http://www.torco.com/.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back