Top Fuel Ladder - It's Thunderdome! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
"Two go in - only one leaves!" Depending on what happens in first round, either Doug or Brandon (or both) will be gone after round two! IF Tony gets past David and then Cory or Grubbie, this is gonna get really interesting!
I'll have to wait to see if my guys get to play spoiler in the final - my money is on JR and Jimmy to march through the other half of the field.
Exciting stuff - FIRE 'EM UP!

It's a "cage match" in Top Fuel - with five spoilers thrown in with the top three championship contenders just to make it more challenging. Of course, all three could lose in round one and take all the fun out of it...but I don't think that will happen.

Almost had a round one showdown in Funny Car - but Capps moved up one spot on his final qualifying run and avoided a first-round meeting with Force. Given Capps' recent record against Force, that was probably a bigger break for Force than for Capps, who now trails by six points.

Last edited:
I'm pulling for Hil and Mel.....

.... but I don't think anyone has to worry about "team rules". The Kalitta camp will play fair.

.... but I don't think anyone has to worry about "team rules". The Kalitta camp will play fair.

Yeah, but remember in Reading when Hillary smoked 'em at the hit against Dougie? Am I the only one to think that was NOT a coincidence? :rolleyes:

I'm going to make a safe bet that Rd 1 is going to have a tire smoker or breakage. On Hillary's side.

Oh and before you think I'm against her, I actually want her to win!

Yeah, but remember in Reading when Hillary smoked 'em at the hit against Dougie? Am I the only one to think that was NOT a coincidence? :rolleyes:

I'm going to make a safe bet that Rd 1 is going to have a tire smoker or breakage. On Hillary's side.

Oh and before you think I'm against her, I actually want her to win!

Have you ever read Hillarys blog?? She wants to win just as much as anyone else.
Yes she is a team car but she has a boss to please also. She wants to win for Ken Black, her guys & herself.
I guess you were wrong on the tire smoke or breakage, the 59 speaks for itself, it was a race. Look at the numbers, what more do you want.

Yeah, you`re the only one Sam. Hillary sure didn`t have a tire smoker today in her Rd. 1 loss...`course she was late on the tree again.

That car has been struggling as of late, so no dive there.

.59 to a .58 today. Should squash the idea alltogether.

"Foyst of all....." Anyone who thinks that team orders will ever come in to play between the Mac Tools, Strivectin-SD and KB Racing cars....is obviously very mis-informed.

There is no way in hell any of those drivers or crewmembers would do that. Besides, you're talking about Mr. Black and Mr. Kalitta.... 2 seperate owners.

I used to hate it when these 3 cars were on the same side of the ladder; but now - just like the people on all 3 teams - I enjoy it, watching them race to win, knowing that anyone of them can win!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back