Today in Pomona (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
The Good
-My AAA card got me in $5 cheaper
-The Kinda-Golden Corral - Lots of cool cars
-Sitting with the 1000 ft. club and watching a HUGE number of them get up and leave after Pro Stock qualifying.
-The wide variety of food (most guaranteed to shorten your life and plug up number 2 for a week)
-Steve Johnson pit area. He is the ONLY bike person who gets it. All the other teams keep their operation in the trailer or very far away from the public. His pit is sit up so that you can walk up and actually watch his team prep his bike. Note to struggling bike teams, how about getting spectator friendly. You never know who might be able to help you.

The Curious
-Why does NHRA allow Reinhart to go into public areas in shorts? Dude, hook up with Boehner for some spray tan.
-Why isn't anyone racing a new generation Camaro?
-Where were JFR's A/Fuelers?
-Hot Dog On A Stick selling Cream Cheese on a Stick

The Bad
-Oil down at the start of T/F
-The Fairplex parking extortion.
......Gee, that's about it for the bad. A pretty good day at the track.

Any idea where to get discount tickets for Sat?
AAA said they don't have them for the Finals but Subway does (not my local Subway).

Megan was the first pair out, early shut off and is now qualified 14th with a 5.819... car is all white with no markings but her name, Jerry is tuning...

d'kid

I haven't seen PSM live since '07, so I was shocked at Reading when trolling the pits and I came upon the Smiths pit area. I know there was some controversy when the Summit team started hanging the curtains, but Smith's pits we're like a downtown market in Abu Dhabi....I guess when you have private funding, you don't have to be "open" to the public...lol:D

Megan was the first pair out, early shut off and is now qualified 14th with a 5.819... car is all white with no markings but her name, Jerry is tuning...

d'kid
I noticed there was a girl on the starting line in a fire suit, watching every time a Force car would run in Vegas. I figured she must be driving one of their A-fuel cars. It's always nice to see another racer step up a class. Alexis De'Joria is another racer doing an awesome job in her upgrade to nitro.

Last edited:
I don't think Hector can go "oh-look- an open spot next to John Force-pull in here." :eek:
I know at e'town the bike were mixed in with the P/S cars-and at Reading they were out in the boonies.

from DRC.........

Matt Hagan fired the first salvo of this much-anticipated final weekend of the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Series season with a blistering 4.139-second pass at 293.86 mph to earn the provisional No. 1 in Funny Car.

The three bonus points he earned for the quickest pass of the session extended his lead over second-place John Force (qualified fourth) to 40 points, which means (since he owns the tiebreaker with Force) that if he maintains that margin throughout qualifying Force would need to win three more rounds on Sunday to win the championship.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back