Tobler Joins Pedregon (1 Viewer)

lets hope cruz has a longer leash for rahn. if the cruzer is patient he will have a great crew chief for the future!. good luck to rahn and cruz and the team!

Even for the best tuners there is learning curve between the fuel classes. I wouldn't expect any immediate success.

Judging by what Cruz said he has to answer to his sponsors it sounds like he is under the gun to start performing... I don't know if Rahn is the answer but I wish the both of them luck!
I still don't understand why they don't just have Dickie set up both cars and call the shots on both it would stop the musical crew chief dance in that camp!
That's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions! :p

wasn't the reason he was let go from Lucas was that he didn't mesh his tune up with the one on Troxel's car?

I thought Cruz wanted someone who would mimic Tony's tune up. Seems odd to bring in a guy who can tune on his own and limit him by copying another tune up.

It helps that Dickie [Venables, Tony Pedregon’s crew chief] and Rahn are best friends and have worked together for many years. With Dickie and Rahn

Last edited:
Going by what Cruz wanted in a CC and why Rahn left Lucas' camp, i don't see this being a marriage made in heaven.

I do hope I am wrong as I am a huge Tobler fan.

Going by what Cruz wanted in a CC and why Rahn left Lucas' camp, i don't see this being a marriage made in heaven.

I do hope I am wrong as I am a huge Tobler fan.

I thought the same thing at first, but Rahn and Dickie worked together on Shirley Muldowneys car together for a long time.

Last edited:
It helps that Dickie [Venables, Tony Pedregon’s crew chief] and Rahn are best friends and have worked together for many years. With Dickie and Rahn

I didn't know that. Maybe its not as odd as it seems at first then

The fundamental difference between this and the Lucas situation is, Rahn doesn't walk in the door with a successful Funny Car tune up. Rahn in this case will be in a position the learn and contribute. The article states that Dickies set-up is already implemented on Cruz's car.

Personally, I hope they both (Cruz and Tony) can consistently run near the top. It will only make the class better.

"I'm as fired up........" Pedregon said.

.....bad choice of words Cruzer......Rahn's heart probably skipped a beat :eek:

Rahn is one of the best out there...If there was a crewchief that had to keep the same shortblock in the car for four qualifying runs and the same block in the car on Sunday Rahn Tobler would be @ the top....
When Dickie and Rahn were tuning Shirley they would be lucky to have two 'spare' shortblocks in the trailer and would 'always' qualify...
Rahn is a true gentleman...

Johnny I agree 100% with your comments. Can Tobler bring a successful F/C tune-up with him? If so, who's? If Tobler and Dickie are such good friends maybe he (Dickie) will share his "whole" tune-up. I wish him only the best. You got to admit Cruz is a piece of work!

Couldn't find a shirt? Sorry - ya have to wonder what this is about. Is Cruz being pressured to produce some results before the end of the season?

Baaahahahaha! good one! He has enough shirts, it's not like he has to do laundry or anything!

I have already had my hand slapped today, so I am good!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back