To help pass the time until Gainesville... (1 Viewer)

I'm sure everyone is getting anxious like I am, so I figured I would pass along some videos I created for last year's season opener at Pomona, the 2019 U.S. Nationals, and the 2019 Norwalk national event to help pass the time.

The Awakening (2020 NHRA Winternationals Cinematic Drag Racing Film)

The Big Go (2019 NHRA US Nationals Cinematic Drag Racing Film)

America's Racetrack (2019 Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals Patriotic Drag Racing Film)

I put a pretty significant amount of time into each of these productions and I hope you'll find some enjoyment in them. I just started this YouTube channel for React104 to house all of my past projects and I'm hoping to be able to work with the NHRA again later this year on a few more projects as time allows.

I put a pretty significant amount of time into each of these productions and I hope you'll find some enjoyment in them.
Yes I did! I'm having some health troubles right now and am laid up spending some challenging days and nights. Your videos artwork brought some happiness and a smile to my face during an otherwise tough time. I miss Pomona so much. :( Thank you for crafting these, they were enthralling.

Holy Cow! Those are about the BEST auto racing (of any type) I've ever seen.
They say it's impossible to transfer the impact of Drag Racing to TV or Film but, this comes about as close as a human can.
Corey: If you're not doing THIS for a living, you're wasting your talent.

COREY! Really??? This is absolutely Awesome! I'm guessing that you are using Spitfire content for your cinematic audio/ Kontakt/ Ableton. This is amazing!

Yes I did! I'm having some health troubles right now and am laid up spending some challenging days and nights. Your videos artwork brought some happiness and a smile to my face during an otherwise tough time. I miss Pomona so much. :( Thank you for crafting these, they were enthralling.
Really sorry to hear this, Paul. Sending good vibes your way 🙏🏻

Holy Cow! Those are about the BEST auto racing (of any type) I've ever seen.
They say it's impossible to transfer the impact of Drag Racing to TV or Film but, this comes about as close as a human can.
Corey: If you're not doing THIS for a living, you're wasting your talent.
Thanks for the kind words! It’s just me shooting and editing, so only having one camera’s worth of footage to tell the story can be tough to really get the whole feel of the event to come across. It’s definitely a significant challenge trying to get it to translate, but I think I’m learning new techniques each time I do one of these, and I’m thankful that my relationship with the NHRA has grown in terms of trust which has allowed me to slowly get greater access at the track.

My line of work is in the creative industry, so not totally wasting it 🤣

COREY! Really??? This is absolutely Awesome! I'm guessing that you are using Spitfire content for your cinematic audio/ Kontakt/ Ableton. This is amazing!
There are a couple libraries I pull from. Anything that the NHRA contracts me for goes through APM, which is the same library they (FOX) are licensed with. If it’s just personal work, YouTube, Facebook, etc. have done some great things to allow music artists to get attribution if you use their music without monetization turned on and you won’t get flagged.

Amazing videos Corey! What races do you plan on filming this year?
Excellent question haha. Last year I was supposed to start at Pomona, Gainesville, and Vegas and then we were going to talk about what the rest of the year looked like...but obviously the world changed a bit. As of right now I would guess my opportunities this year will be during the Countdown because our Alcohol car is scheduled to run 6 races through the fall Charlotte race so it’s going to be tough to get out much before then.

Michael - Did I misunderstand YOU shot ALL that video?
If so, I re-double my comments.....NHRA and/or FOX ought to bring you on full o part time.

CORY...……….SAEEN A LOT OF STUFF YOU'VE DONE FOR PAT AND IT ALL ROCKS...……..OH FOR THE DAYS OF DIAMOND P...……………..DUDE, YOU'RE RIGHT THERE WITH THE BEST

wow. almost better than being there. it's like watching the brilliant 'nfl films' that make ordinary games seem like a gladiator war.
slowing down reality and letting the viewer see subtle nuances of the subject matter......and then the music. choices were great.

Michael - Did I misunderstand YOU shot ALL that video?
If so, I re-double my comments.....NHRA and/or FOX ought to bring you on full o part time.
Yeah, race weekends can be quite hectic trying to capture the flow of the event, but I really enjoy the process and it helps better prepare me for the editing process.

You should probably do some filming at Columbus at the end of June...
Not ruling it out!

wow. almost better than being there. it's like watching the brilliant 'nfl films' that make ordinary games seem like a gladiator war.
slowing down reality and letting the viewer see subtle nuances of the subject matter......and then the music. choices were great.
Really appreciate that! The NFL Films crew is definitely the standard when it comes to sports storytelling.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back