Throwback Thursday Theater - 2005 AAA Finals (2 Viewers)

Dave

Nitro Member
Throwback Thursday to the exciting conclusion of the 2005 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series in Pomona. Can someone finally end the 12 year championship run of John Force Racing?

thanks dave, that was fun to watch. holy cow those bleachers were still packed in '05

More sponsors and more diversified sponsorships indeed. And racing to the 1/4 mile was so much better racing. This sport is still great, just not as great.

Packed grandstands, more sponsors, more legends, and MORE nitro percentage! Listen to the sound of the nitro cars at idle, I so miss those days. The cars today don't sound anything like they did back then, no comparison in the sound of higher nitro percentage.....

Packed grandstands, more sponsors, more legends, and MORE nitro percentage! Listen to the sound of the nitro cars at idle, I so miss those days. The cars today don't sound anything like they did back then, no comparison in the sound of higher nitro percentage.....
Probably more to the sound than just the higher nitro percentage. They’re probably pumping a lot more fuel through now. Just a keyboard crew chief guess. @Alan Reinhart, any ideas on this?

I used to love the change in pitch when the driver would go on the high side...I miss that

4.50's-4.60's over 300 miles an hour in a 1/4 mile at 95%-98% nitro, even more, what can be better then that? In a way the cars are more impressive now considering how quick and fast they are in a 1,000 feet, but something needs to give. Maybe new classes, "Top fuel 2" and "Funny Car 2," 1,320 feet, more pop and smaller fuel pumps and less blower. Something between today's cars and nostalgia cars. Less money, more cars, less oil downs and a way better race day experience......

I love seeing 3.60s at 1,000ft. But I also love 4.40s over the quarter. Something magical about that 2005-era. Thanks for posting mate!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back