Three's a charm - my drag racing story... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I made a thread a while back that I was going to start a fictional drag racing story on post it in the lounge. Well the first two chapters are complete and if it's OK with the mods can I post the first chapter?

I hope you do Sam... I remeber as a kid that one of the reasons I enjoyed reading so much is that I found all the car-oriented novels in the school library and filled my head with stories of '32 Deuces built in gas station garages and high school grudges settled on back roads outside of town.. Those were great books to read as a kid, and I have a hard time finding anything for my boys to read nowadays that doesn't have some wizard or dragon in it :rolleyes:..

I'll print it out for them to read if it gets posted on here kid- keep up the good work..

Martin,
Did you every read "Hot Rod Road" by Carl Henry Rathjen?
cr 1968 by Western Publishing Co. Inc

Sam,
Why not post it as a blog?

I want to keep this, well, in the lounge because the story is a bit on the "rated R" side. I'm working on the 3rd chapter now as we speak....

I made a thread a while back that I was going to start a fictional drag racing story on post it in the lounge. Well the first two chapters are complete and if it's OK with the mods can I post the first chapter?

If this is anything like your Youtube crap:eek:, please do not post it hear because I do not know many people who can stomach it.

I hope you do Sam... I remeber as a kid that one of the reasons I enjoyed reading so much is that I found all the car-oriented novels in the school library and filled my head with stories of '32 Deuces built in gas station garages and high school grudges settled on back roads outside of town.. Those were great books to read as a kid, and I have a hard time finding anything for my boys to read nowadays that doesn't have some wizard or dragon in it :rolleyes:..

I'll print it out for them to read if it gets posted on here kid- keep up the good work..
Martin, me too on the car-oriented novels--Henry Gregor Felson and William Campbell Gault were my two favorite authors. The first one I read was Drag Strip by Gault. Dirt Track Summer was also a favorite of mine

Martin,
Did you every read "Hot Rod Road" by Carl Henry Rathjen?
cr 1968 by Western Publishing Co. Inc.

Martin, me too on the car-oriented novels--Henry Gregor Felson and William Campbell Gault were my two favorite authors. The first one I read was Drag Strip by Gault. Dirt Track Summer was also a favorite of mine

This stuff is making me smile, guys... One of the nice things about being here is knowing that there are some members that remember how this sport used to be (fun..) and growing up with it as well...

Gee Terry, guess we read the same stuff growing up

This stuff is making me smile, guys... One of the nice things about being here is knowing that there are some members that remember how this sport used to be (fun..) and growing up with it as well...

Martin...
I reason I knew the publisher and date was because I grab the book off my book case... just waiting for the grandsons to learn to read... guess it's time for gramps to start reading bed time stories again.... book doesn't even have a cover anymore...

Martin...
I reason I knew the publisher and date was because I grab the book off my book case... just waiting for the grandsons to learn to read... guess it's time for gramps to start reading bed time stories again.... book doesn't even have a cover anymore...

When I get home from tour Karl, I will put together a partial library list of things that are on the shelf that the boys have had to earn the right to read (good grades, homework done, chores, etc..) You'll like the list almost as much as they have reading these classics..

Actually, no. I don't play guitar, and hell would freeze over before the lottery down here goes that high.

But did you like it? That's the main thing.

"Stan got dressed in his “socializing outfit” and headed out to the bar. Before heading out to his car, Stan went into his closet and dug out one of his guitars... - This just confuses the reader...are you heading out to the bar or going to the closet??

You know, this made me laugh. But thanks for the tip, I went back and fixed it.

OK, a confession. I did use some elements from my life because I am familiar with them. And I was never good with thinking up character names. It does not mean I am writing my life story. :rolleyes:

This story is purely FICTIONAL.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back