Thoughts of Roger..... (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
With the start of the 2007 season my thoughts have wandered to Hip quite often. :( I know he would have been enjoying the hell out of Whit and the team's performance last weekend. He was soooooo not looking forward to him in a digger....but was willing to deal with it out of loyalty. I admired that.

With the start of the 2007 season my thoughts have wandered to Hip quite often. :( I know he would have been enjoying the hell out of Whit and the team's performance last weekend. He was soooooo not looking forward to him in a digger....but was willing to deal with it out of loyalty. I admired that.

me too, when whit won that first round in an old school funny car style pedal fest I had to wonder if Hip had a hand in it

I suspect for the first time, he now has the best seat in the house? I'll bet Steve Evans is even announcing. Now wouldn't that be a sweet setup?

You know I thought about Roger after watching Whit's amazing pedal job in round 1. Roger would have been proud.:)

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought about Hip whenever I saw Whit on the tube this weekend. He's got one heck of a front row seat....

T-Bone :D

great post kelly, we all still miss out friend roger, im sure hes up there watching and very proud of whit and how hes handling top fuel very well so far. id be cool as hell if whit one an event soon. or ,mentioned roger during an interview. rip roger old friend and enjoy the season

Good post Kelly! Roger was a cool dude I remember he was one person on here who always backed me when I bought up Whit, then he would back Whit anyday :)

Hey I miss seeing him in a F/C Roger, but as you can see he's doing a darn good job in that rail, and like others have said you got the best seat in the house.

Mike

I remember hearing that "Hip" was in Indy last year. If I had only known about his health issues I would've made a more concious effort to meet him.

I think it's great everyone still remembers Roger, this honored member of this great group. And this thread alone really says someething very good about the regulars who post here.

I remember hearing that "Hip" was in Indy last year. If I had only known about his health issues I would've made a more concious effort to meet him.
We knew Roger was sick, but he didn't want his friends to know just how serious his condition was. Whit did a great thing in making the special arrangements for Roger.

I too, think of Hip when I see Whit. The Avatar Roger used, just pops in my head. I'm glad we were able to get him back here, for that short time. I think everyone really helped him, in his last few months with us. Hope you've got a great seat Hip, cause your missed down here. RIP buddy.

Very nice thread Kelly, thank you. And thanks to everyone who replied. Nice thoughts. I wish I'd met ol' Hip also.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back