The Professional V the Hobbyist . (1 Viewer)

I thought Johnson won, even after replay; but finally saw a still shot of finish line and Smith barely eclipsed him. Very good race

It was close, Steves bike seemed to fall off 1000 ft
The angle of the video camera skewed the finish line.

anyone know if larry morgan is partly responsible for the steve's performance gains this year?

Steve is responsible for his improved performance as of late. He is paying attention to the details. In Dallas I had him for Pre-Race and he said that it wasn't until he sat out the races this year and started asking others about how they are successful that he realized details are important. True story, he said that he would not change the clutch or the jetting because it was a lot of work and he didn't think it really mattered. When he started paying attention his performance improved.

One of the first things you need to learn in Professional Racing is that there is no such thing as "Close Enough" It's either perfect, or it's wrong. And it doesn't matter what class you race, Justin Lamb wins a lots of races because he pays attention to the details.

Here's just one thing, straight from Steve.

Alan

i been following pro stock all these years it sounds like to me Steve doesn't really wanna reveal any clue as to how he stepped up and some people will believe anything u tell them.
Have u ever seen interviews with KB, WJ or Glidden. They will give u zero information when it comes to performance questions and that's what the answer Steve gave amounted to.

This is from SEMA yesterday, go to 4:37 for Steve Johnson and Brain Lohnes and listen to Steve talk about how he didn't even know what correction factor was. Among other things. Now that he understands how important those details are, he's running fast.

Alan

One of my buddies here in town who bracket raced motorcycles for years told me he and his son hung out with Steve and his crew down at Indy several years ago. Said that Steve was enamored with their weather station/ET prediction software, especially after he and his son plugged in a few runs from their bike into the computer and started predicting each one of Steve's ET's and hit almost every run that weekend down to the thousandth. He told me then, which I didn't believe, that they didn't mess with jetting or anything for the entire weekend. So I tend to believe what he's been saying about ignoring the details.......

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back