the other BRISTOL race (1 Viewer)

skidaddy

Nitro Member
anyone else sleep through the bristol nascar race.
what used to be a premire racing event has been reduced to
just another 4 hours of watching cars go in circles

LOL, I've had the usual house full of yankees for the weekend thanks to those races. It's either that, or I'm the official stopover/halfway point when they're on their way to Florida or back. :D If I have to eat one more slice of Taylor ham......

I recorded it last night since I was at Cordova. I used it today to help start my nap. NASCAR just seems to do that to me.

I was too busy watching the Texans whoop up on the Cowgirls last night. :)

Hey now, a few weeks makes a difference. Lets play that game in 2 weeks from now and I got Ben Franklik says the Cowboys win.

I was at the HRP bracket race last night but my grandpa told me it was the most boring Bristol race he's ever seen.

What? You watch Bristol for the crashes?? :mad: Hope not!!
I thought it was a decent race. Strategy involved and not a crash-fest-I- won-by-default-race.

I thought maybe there was something wrong with me because I never fell asleep during Bristol before. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Looks like Bruton did a great job of "fixing" the track to make the racing better, LOL. That race was very boring, but then again NASCAR seems (to me) to get more and more boring every week. I'm glad I'm a poor Drag Racer!!!

Dave

A NASCAR race without crashes is like General Ching's chicken without the General Ching's sauce. It just ain't good.

I still feel that the majority of NASCRAP fans only watch the races to see, well, the crashes. Maybe not as many as I thought before, but I still feel it's a majority. After all, what's a bunch of cars going around in circles 400 times if there isn't a nice diversion like a nice pileup or barrel roll?

Don't tell that to a NASCRAP fan though, they'll blow up in your face and tell you you're wrong. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, it wasn't boring at all if you were in attendance. My brother got free tickets Friday morning, so we went on short notice. They turned a one groove race track into a multi-groove track. Now, you don't have to run into a slower car just to pass. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It seemed like any typical short track race on a Saturday night. TV doesn't catch enough of the race to show viewers the actual racing going on back in the pack. It didn't help that two drivers dominated either. Also, it was the loudest track I've ever been to.

I thought it was interesting just for the green flag pit stops ... that NEVER happens at Bristol. As was said before, there was an actual strategy that had to be played out, unlike previous Bristol races where the strategy was simply "don't crash".

In the mad speedway building rash of the late 90's early 2000's, I was surprised that EVERYONE built 1.5 mile D Shaped ovals. I thought someone would have tried to build a new short track, after all they had a clean slate to do it. Me personally, I would have built a 3/4 mile speedway, concrete, banked less than Bristol but more than Richmond, it would be an oval and not D shaped, and the turns would have been narrower at one end than the other a la Darlington. Build grandstands all the way around the track like Bristol, but not as hish as Bristol.

One of the best Bristol races ever. Did have to sit through countless laps of yellow and more passing than ever before.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back