The Legend of Larry Sutton (1 Viewer)

Great Article.........Every Sat or Sun after racing at Lions, my mom and STEP dad, along with Larry and many of the Lions Crew all went to a bar called the Sour Apple. I was allowed in there and could barely stand tall enough to play the shuffle board game and once in a while they would let me play a game of pool, slop shot of course.

He is a very nice man and I'm sure he'd remember the times well :)

Great article, brings back lots of memories.

THE LEGEND OF LARRY SUTTON

When my dad and his buddies went top fuel racing my dad was going to drive since he had always driven everything. He made a few passes but never licensed. They got Larry Sutton to drive it for the short time they raced. I have told this before but I'll mention it again here. Larry would take me around on his scooter while he talked to EVERY legend of the sport. I would just take it all in because it was so cool to just ride up to ANY pit and lift the rope and go in. I think he liked taking me just because he knew I was in awe.

Very cool times!!!! Larry is awesome.

Buster was cool and the stories were great, but Larry was "a racers starter"!
Not only could he drive, but understood what he saw going on with most cars he watched. He gave many subtle clues to crew chiefs/owners about what their car was doing at the "hit" because he also was mechanically inclined and was qualified to give his input. I was a recipient of his input, and will forever be grateful !

JD's gathering tomorrow evening will be a somber occaision.

Lotta folks have Pam in their prayers right now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back