The Greek calling it a career (2 Viewers)

That’s pretty neat for Krista. I wonder what kind of schedule they’re thinking about; or if they’re going to bring in someone to really run the program. If Chris plans to still oversee it for as long as he can, that’s still a lot ot traveling for him. Sure would be great to see The Greek tradition continue though. I wish them the absolute best. Looking forward to seeing her compete.

She was testing at WWT (Gateway) today.
1601945894203.png

I loved watching The Greek and wanted him to win just one more time, but this is old news.....he announced it .393 of a week ago

~:)~

Last edited:
I bought a old NHRA trailer from Bobby. I was dealing with the paperwork with his girlfriend Paula. About an hour in, she told me who she was.
He kept trying to get me to buy the car in the trailer as well, which was Amato's last chrome cage car. The next year chrome cages were not being allowed, and my car was in Ron Fry's shop having a new cage put on, so it didn't make sense to take him up on his offer. Big mistake on my part.
She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. We ended up talking for 2 more hours.

Really happy for Krista and her Family.

Greek is one of the truly great people in our sport. I met him at Cerny's Custom Paint when he was getting his first Cerny Paint job. What a guy. He taught us how to really make a Greek submarine sandwich and eat string cheese. His great raspy voice and sense of humor make the man. Painted more of his cars and it was always great to see him come by.
A few years ago one of my best friends was dying and was always one of Chris's fans. I was at Pomona and saw Chris's trailer and they were selling t-shirts out of his trailer. I bought one and asked if Chris could sign it. I was told he was way to busy. I explained my situation and knew Chris from painting his cars. Was told to wait a minute as she took the t-shirt to Chris. He looked up my way, shook his head and waved. I got the precious t-shirt and went to Seattle to see my friend. I gave him the shirt and he put it on immediately. Unfortunately he died the next week but the shirt signed by Chris made one of his last days a better one.
Thanks Greek, you are the best.
P.S. Can I get another t-shirt?

Terry, do you remember The Greek Fleet? Fun bunch of racers. Also, how many remember the Greek had a funny car? I think it was a Mustang, didn't run it too long.

OK to stir the pot, how many think the Greeks 204 run at Alton, Ill was real? Hydrazine?

Terry, do you remember The Greek Fleet? Fun bunch of racers. Also, how many remember the Greek had a funny car? I think it was a Mustang, didn't run it too long.

OK to stir the pot, how many think the Greeks 204 run at Alton, Ill was real? Hydrazine?

The Greek was the "alien" of his time. I WANT TO BELIEVE!

I do not remember where I shot this picture of The Greek. I believe it was at Tulsa. Early to mid '80s?
The Greek.png

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back