Josh Hart Leads Impressive List of NHRA Rookie of the Year Contenders (1 Viewer)

Hart logo.jpg
OCALA, FL (October 21, 2021) --- Rookie sensation and two-time Top Fuel winner Josh Hart, from Ocala, Florida, joined Artie Allen (Top Fuel), Krista Baldwin (TF), Mike Callahan (Pro Stock), Dallas Glenn (PS), Chad Green (Funny Car), Buddy Hull (TF), Joe Morrison (TF), Marty Robertson (PS) and Rob Tucker (PS) as the nominees for the 2021 NHRA Rookie of the Year award it was announced today on nhra.com. Hart, who began his drag racing career in a ’99 Ford Lightning pick-up truck, is in the homestretch of an impressive rookie campaign. He won the first event he entered in Top Fuel, the historic Gatornationals and followed that up with another win in the Countdown playoffs at the Carolina Nationals. The 38-year-old driver also has four additional semifinal appearances in just ten races.
“I am living proof that anything is possible,” said Hart. “I came from a very poor background basically living in a trailer park and now I work in the most expensive trailer park in the world. I feel like I have a very real rags to riches story. I had to work every day to make my dream come true. I made it happen with the love and support of my wife. I want to stay humble and be kind to other people.”
Hart’s drag racing career began at the urging of NHRA legend and friend “Big Daddy” Don Garlits who encouraged Hart to take his pick-up truck to the strip instead of the street. Hart quickly moved up the drag racing ranks moving from local races to divisional events competing in Super Comp, Super Gas, Top Dragster and eventually A Fuel Dragster for five years before moving up to Top Fuel this season.
“I have been lucky to get to know and spend time with Don Garlits,” said Hart. “We have worked together on his electric dragster project and he has been influential as I have grown by business. I consider Don a mentor as well as a friend.”
Hart qualified for every NHRA national event he entered this season. He raced to at least the semifinals at some of the most important races of the season including the Dodge//SRT U.S. Nationals, the Midwest Nationals, and the Texas Fall Nationals. Through four Countdown races he had a win and two semifinal finishes losing only to three-time world champion Steve Torrence.
In addition to his driving skills Hart assembled his entire Top Fuel operation from scratch and runs the day-to-day operations. An entrepreneur and successful self-made businessman he started his first business with just $300 and a dream. Beginning with a mobile door-to-door pro detailing business Hart and his wife grew that endeavor. He then founded Burnyzz Speed Shop in 2010 and open his doors to what the Hart family bills as “Hot Rod Heaven.” He now services clients across the country and around the world from his Ocala headquarters.
His success on the track and in the business community, along with his faith and giving heart have led him to support many of his fellow racers. Over the last five years Hart has donated all his contingency money to young racers in the sportsman categories and junior dragster ranks.
“I know how expensive it is to participate in drag racing and motorsports,” said Hart. “I want to do what I can to keep the younger generations involved and off the streets. I was lucky Don Garlits pointed me in the right direction and I am just paying it forward from there.”
This season Hart was racing a limited schedule as he built his team and pursued a full-time primary sponsor program. Throughout the season TechNet supported Hart and he added the support of R+L Carriers at the NHRA Norwalk Nationals. After seeing the success of the relationship, they stepped up as the primary sponsor for the seven Countdown playoff races. Hart has been incredibly active all season with both companies attending meet and greets and customer events.
“R+L Carrier events are built around rewarding their current employees and thanking them for being great employees which is why I love them so much,” said Hart. “It’s an excellent recruiting tool to find and introduce new talent to join the work force but it also is a big thank you to their current employees. This is their first foray into motorsports and I have developed a strong personal and professional relationship with the R+L Carrier leadership team.”
With two more races on the 2021 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series Hart will be heading to Las Vegas and Pomona, California, with the goal of securing more wins.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back