The General and Kim! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
We took a short road trip to Brownsburg to take a look at the shops. Stopped at Brickers Pub for lunch and ran into the Richards - looking very relaxed. Talked for a bit about the very long stretch coming up. Very rare moment to talk with two great crew chiefs. I have a feeling they are totally ready to keep Brandon in the Chase.
Brickers is cool - Speed and ESPN2 on the screens. If you are coming to Indy you should give it a try. Continue on Northville (I think) past DSR and JFR to Brownsburg Village Center.

That's sounds so awesome, reminds me of the Sandwich Company in Charlotte where all the NASCAR teams used to go to lunch, BUT, since when is Tempe, AZ a short road trip to Brownsburg?:eek:

That's sounds so awesome, reminds me of the Sandwich Company in Charlotte where all the NASCAR teams used to go to lunch, BUT, since when is Tempe, AZ a short road trip to Brownsburg?:eek:

We've been Speedway, IN for a few days to attend that other race they run just down the road from Brownsburg - :D

Last edited:
Brickers is the neighborhood Bar & Grill of choice for the teams. I bet there a dozen crew guys in there as well, you just didn't recognize them. Boulder Creek is anotrher place to go if you want to run into racers.

So Jim,

How did you like the "other" race? One thing for sure, rain sucks no matter what you're trying to race.

Alan

I remember at Seattle back around 2000 or so, I went into a Red Robin around 10 PM and Kim and Tim were in there, I chatted with them for a couple of minutes then left. I like to allow those folks their space.

Brickers is the neighborhood Bar & Grill of choice for the teams. I bet there a dozen crew guys in there as well, you just didn't recognize them. Boulder Creek is anotrher place to go if you want to run into racers.

So Jim,

How did you like the "other" race? One thing for sure, rain sucks no matter what you're trying to race.

Alan

It is quite an experience! IF you have the right seats, you might be able to see 1/4 of the race - we had pit stand tickets and tickets inside of turn one.
We sat in the pit stands for final practice on Friday and couldn't see S$$$! - fuel tanks, pit carts and the top of the cars screaming down the straight!
Turn 1 Terrace seats were as good as it gets for the race. No matter where you sit, if you don't have a scanner and good headphones, you will have NO idea what is going on! An interesting thing - when the cars hit the SAFER barrier there is a huge BOOM that you will never hear on a broadcast.
The coolest moment of the week was when IRL tech director saw my neighbor's Indy 500 Flyer wagon (adjustable wings, slicks and a ton of signatures) and asked him if they could run it through IndyCar Tech!!!!!
They did it up right and "Approved" it!
Had a lot of fun meeting and BSing with other fans - it was a great week.
Everyone we met, from track personnel to restaurant servers, made sure we knew we were welcome.

My two cents ot. Northeast Vista section 3 seating provided a great view down the backstraight, through turn 3, and down the short chute to turn 4. Maybe I'll get some pics up on photobucket tomorrow to give an idea. Edit: Link to the bucket now posted in general racing.

The rain, well it often figures into the Indy equation. The mid-race delay added three hours of drinking time, several groups got very loud and rowdy out in the ne vista. I'm no social virgin and it wasn't so much offensive as distracting (although I'm glad I didn't have a kid with me), until after the racing resumed.

Then it got dangerous when a fellow tossed a beer can over the fence onto the track after the final yellow flag. Fortunately no one hit the can, and the race ended shortly after that.

Still, I am very glad I saw the 91st 500 live. As with drag racing the sensory input of being there makes the televeision broadcast pale in comparison. I love fast cars! I'll definitely be back.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back