Budweiser/lucas oil team closes a chapter as tim and kim richards participate in fina (1 Viewer)

POMONA, Calif. -- The Automobile Club of Southern California Finals Nov. 13-16 marks the final race of the 2008 season and for the Budweiser/Lucas Oil team it will also turn the final page for Tim and Kim Richards as crew members in the sport of drag racing.

The tuning duo has led the Kenny Bernstein-owned Top Fuel team to 33 victories and a Top Fuel championship in the seven years they have worn the vibrant red team jerseys.

“We will miss Tim and Kim, their work ethic, integrity and friendship,” said the six-time NHRA champ. “Safety was top of mind with them and they were very thorough in their preparation.

“We are indebted to them and fortunate to have had them these past years. They are a talented couple.”

“We would like to send them off to retirement with a win,” said driver Brandon Bernstein. “it would be a fitting end to their career.

“They have done so much for me as a driver. Tim and Kim tuned me to my first win in only my second national event as driver of the Budweiser/Lucas Oil dragster. We had three victories in our first eight races. We were honored to be voted Rookie of the Year in 2003. All the successes were because of their tuning capabilities coupled with the driving tips, advice, and coaching from dad.

“I’ll be sad to see them go, but happy for them that they will be able to do some of the things they’ve dreamed about.”

Under the tuning direction of the Richards, Kenny scored 16 wins, while Brandon tallied 17.

Tim Richards has a career total of 81 race wins and six NHRA Top Fuel championships. Kim has partnered with Tim for 50 of those victories. Kim began her racing career working with her father Dick LaHaie on his Top Fuel car, and she helped tune him to his 1987 NHRA Top Fuel championship.

Heading into his final race, Tim Richards has 657 round wins.

Nitro (Top Fuel and Funny Car) qualifying begins Thursday, Nov. 13 at 2:30 p.m. There is a second session Friday at 2:30 p.m., followed by two qualifying rounds Saturday, noon and 3:30 p.m. Final eliminations are scheduled to begin Sunday at 11 a.m.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back