The Finals! (1 Viewer)

cutting a good light every time is not the only criteria to be good. Keeping it straight and in the groove, pedalling, and knowing when to give up are just as important. I think she has come a long way in her ability in the last 3 or 4 years. There are lots of setup issues that can affect RT beside the driver. She may not be Prock or Ashley but she does OK
I've been wanting to go back and see the 60 ft times of Britts car throughout the year. I have not done that but do remember looking at most races and her 60ft times are among the lowest all year. Sure, not related to reaction time! She has improved - his year vs last year. The Championship proves that. If her RT last year was consistant with this years we would be talking about 3 time Champion today! Justr MHO!

I've been wanting to go back and see the 60 ft times of Britts car throughout the year. I have not done that but do remember looking at most races and her 60ft times are among the lowest all year. Sure, not related to reaction time! She has improved - his year vs last year. The Championship proves that. If her RT last year was consistant with this years we would be talking about 3 time Champion today! Justr MHO!
She has improved her reaction times from not good to good, but she still has work to do to get 'great'. As for car control, most of the TF driver out there do a good job, including Brittany this year. In the past she would let the car get ahead of her a little, but has cleaned that up. Its all experience!

For many here life is prohibitively expensive. Plus Pomona tickets are among the most expensive of any of the events (that I go to anyway) and food/ drinks are insane. I spent less for four days at the Stampede of Speed at the Motorplex (even though they charged for parking for the first time ever which really chapped my hide) than two at the Fairplex. The cost for a family would be significant hit for some, and right now the economy is hurting - but I don't need to tell anyone that.
At Ennis, if you parked farther away, there was no charge.

The drivers earned their $$ at Pomona, especially in the left lane. Even Ron Capps had a problem getting close to the wall. Not everyone affected but it's like the groove on both sides was affected to a degree.

I spent the entire season on NHRA.TV A rarity in the world of NHRA, a real value for us spectators. It was cool watching the first round of TF at Piranha Raceway (slot car track in Whittier, CA) while running my little cars. I watched the remainder while my wife drove home. I really enjoyed having access to Indy class racing. The only bummer was enduring the "antics" of the announcers and the disco guy. Maybe suffering through the frequent track cleanings and down time works once or twice a season. 20+ viewings of the same PA bits and the attempts to make the wheelstander interesting (after you have seen a steel bodied Dodge Dart do wheelies, a plastic Neon panel truck doesn't do it). Props do go to Jason Galvan calling index classes. He really gives some great insight and makes the classes much more watchable. Also, more color commentators during eliminations would really enhance the NHRA.TV show. You have a vast pool of really cool people you could recruit to do the job. Terry Vance needs a proper introduction to the crowd. I doubt many in the stands knew he rode a top fuel bike at Pomona back in the day.

Congrats to NHRA: The quality of TV production for NHRA.TV is now pretty good. Good to see lots of Glen Cromwell. Does that other guy still work at NHRA?
NHRA fix this: way to much down time on race day. Silly games and the screaming disco guy don't cut it. The disco guy from Billy Meyer's place was pretty cool.
The friday night announcer at Ennis in 2021 was WAY better than whats in the booth now. Amanda does a great job, no stupid remarks, to the point comments. Yes the DJ? needs to go. Try showing pit scenes and pit interviews.

The drivers earned their $$ at Pomona, especially in the left lane. Even Ron Capps had a problem getting close to the wall. Not everyone affected but it's like the groove on both sides was affected to a degree.
Capps said he put the car near the wall to stay away from the centerline...for what its worth lol

The friday night announcer at Ennis in 2021 was WAY better than whats in the booth now. Amanda does a great job, no stupid remarks, to the point comments. Yes the DJ? needs to go. Try showing pit scenes and pit interviews.
I often wondered where nhra found this dj? Karoke bar maybe?

I often wondered where nhra found this dj? Karoke bar maybe?
Jason Logan/ He was the "downtime" entertainer for years, up until the pandemic. I believe he did do the DJing for the Friday night driver introduction songs for qualifying....must have morphed into doing it on a regular basis post-pandemic

Jason Logan/ He was the "downtime" entertainer for years, up until the pandemic. I believe he did do the DJing for the Friday night driver introduction songs for qualifying....must have morphed into doing it on a regular basis post-pandemic
His full time gig is as a DJ down in Florida.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back