The Finals! (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Looked forward all weekend to todays finals, stayed off all social media all day after 11am (est) - set the recorder and wanted to be surprised when watching.

Was I ever. First round TF was sort of anticlimatic as each of Britts challengers went up in smoke and she drilled another mid .60 at 336 into the book. Game over. What was impressive to me was each of the challengers were very gracious to the Force Team in defeat! Even Stevo publicly said he was rooting for her. Congrats JFR, Flavorpac, Monster, Brittany, Grubby and Team.

AA/FC. Another story. Let's be honest. No complaints here at all as a JFR fan but how about Capp's? Struggled in Q 1,2,3. Guido pulls a .83 in Q4, gets those 4 extra qualifying pts, and essentially the championship in the end as it played out. According to NHRA.com Capps won by 3 over Robert. Great Job (Please correct if wrong). He and his team certainly deserved the Championship and I give this Man and his team all the respect in the world. Congrats!

The first round talk was mentioned on broadcast about track prep being not the same as Saturday. Any Truth?

Quite a few boomers out there today. The slow motion camera's really earned their keep showing these in all their glory!

Have'nt heard or read speculation of JF's BOOMER, but it was big. Did'nt see a hole go out, maybe dropped valve/ignition or crankshaft. In Johns interview he was plenty shook up!

Hat's off to Cruzer, he seems to finaly got it together. Bracket car.

2023 should be plenty interesting!

Forgot about that, did it air?

The only thing about todays telecast - I was watching in the evening and there was a Amber Alert on TV in CLE and cut out Ron Capps trophy presentation audio. Hope they the kid is OK!

Forgot about that, did it air?

The only thing about todays telecast - I was watching in the evening and there was a Amber Alert on TV in CLE and cut out Ron Capps trophy presentation audio. Hope they the kid is OK!

Didn't air for me. I guess the carnage got them behind and forced them to bump the show.

My problem with the finals was the FS1 broadcast. Way too many commercials and fluff. Seems like there were commercials between each run, and the same damn commercials. They played that McDonalds commercial twice in one break. I think we nearly waited an hour between the semis and finals. Can we truncate these broadcasts a bit?

Looked forward all weekend to todays finals, stayed off all social media all day after 11am (est) - set the recorder and wanted to be surprised when watching.

Was I ever. First round TF was sort of anticlimatic as each of Britts challengers went up in smoke and she drilled another mid .60 at 336 into the book. Game over. What was impressive to me was each of the challengers were very gracious to the Force Team in defeat! Even Stevo publicly said he was rooting for her. Congrats JFR, Flavorpac, Monster, Brittany, Grubby and Team.

AA/FC. Another story. Let's be honest. No complaints here at all as a JFR fan but how about Capp's? Struggled in Q 1,2,3. Guido pulls a .83 in Q4, gets those 4 extra qualifying pts, and essentially the championship in the end as it played out. According to NHRA.com Capps won by 3 over Robert. Great Job (Please correct if wrong). He and his team certainly deserved the Championship and I give this Man and his team all the respect in the world. Congrats!

The first round talk was mentioned on broadcast about track prep being not the same as Saturday. Any Truth?

Quite a few boomers out there today. The slow motion camera's really earned their keep showing these in all their glory!

Have'nt heard or read speculation of JF's BOOMER, but it was big. Did'nt see a hole go out, maybe dropped valve/ignition or crankshaft. In Johns interview he was plenty shook up!

Hat's off to Cruzer, he seems to finaly got it together. Bracket car.

2023 should be plenty interesting!
Stevo is a class act. I love how he embraced Brittany when she won the championship. He's a good guy.

My problem with the finals was the FS1 broadcast. Way too many commercials and fluff. Seems like there were commercials between each run, and the same damn commercials. They played that McDonalds commercial twice in one break. I think we nearly waited an hour between the semis and finals. Can we truncate these broadcasts a bit?
Do it like I do. Record it (3-6pm Central today), watch it after dinner and you'll skip all the commercials and fluff you're not interested in.

"You'll be blown away when you find out who bought KB Racing. Announcement in a few weeks", Brian Lohnes says today. So who might that be? Tony Stewart? Nancy Pelosi? Don't laugh; she might have the hots for GA.

Stevo is a class act. I love how he embraced Brittany when she won the championship. He's a good guy.
Easy choice. In 2017, she won it by peaking in the countdown and some bad luck in Steves camp. Fair enough. This year, she was the best car by far all year and completed it in the countdown, including improving her lights.

Do like I do …NHRA tv and watch whenever you want …even live!
NHRA TV and I had a little misunderstanding a few years ago and I swore I would not subscribe again. How I watch is, I subscribe to Sling TV, record the shows on FS1.
Yes, Sling is more expensive than NHRA TV, but I get all the other shows they have along with shows the wife likes ;). I know it's not live, but I can live without that.

"You'll be blown away when you find out who bought KB Racing. Announcement in a few weeks", Brian Lohnes says today. So who might that be? Tony Stewart? Nancy Pelosi? Don't laugh; she might have the hots for GA.
I'm thinking his name has been hiding in plain sight on the side of one of the cars

The Finals never disappoint. The countdown format definitely helps make it interesting as well (sorry to all of you countdown haters out there). The only thing I was sad to see, was that the smaller street side grandstands were closed off again. We went to the 2014 Finals and thought those seats were the best viewing spot we had ever seen. We were hoping to make the trip there this year and intended to sit there, but we couldn't make the trip happen. Those seats were closed during Covid, but I hoped they would be back in operation this year. I guess NHRA figured the ticket sales didn't deserve opening those seats. Unfortunately the big grandstands had lots of empty seats. So sad to see this great event not have better attendance.

Watched all weekend on nhra TV for the first time. Had tickets for the event but couldn't go because I caught covid between Vegas and Pomona. Really enjoyed it since I had time to view all Q and elims. Champions were certainly all deserving. Great to see Capps win in first year as team owner. Since I am a Greg fan, great to see him get #101. Only bummer is that it is 4 months till Gainesville!

Yeah, it will be strange to see Gainesville first, then Phoenix to start off the season. Will be hotter in Phx in March so I don't expect to see the times normally seen in Feb. But, it's also the last race for Wild Horse. sigh

The Finals never disappoint. The countdown format definitely helps make it interesting as well (sorry to all of you countdown haters out there). The only thing I was sad to see, was that the smaller street side grandstands were closed off again. We went to the 2014 Finals and thought those seats were the best viewing spot we had ever seen. We were hoping to make the trip there this year and intended to sit there, but we couldn't make the trip happen. Those seats were closed during Covid, but I hoped they would be back in operation this year. I guess NHRA figured the ticket sales didn't deserve opening those seats. Unfortunately the big grandstands had lots of empty seats. So sad to see this great event not have better attendance.
There seemed to be a big crowd. I was sitting near the starting line and the stands around me were packed. Looking down the grandstand there looked to be a pretty full house. The top eliminator club was filled up also. And what a great day for racing. The weather was stellar, and the racing was terrific, especially the finals. There is nothing like being in Pomona at the drag races!!

I’m shocked at the low crowd. Always thought Calif. was the hub of drag racing. Plus, it’s a huge population center with L.A plus easy drives from other cities. Anyone know why the Midwest is more popular?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back