The Final Take with Mike Dunn... (1 Viewer)

preacher

Nitro Member
Without out a doubt my favorite read each week in National Dragster is Mikes column. He's a real blessing to our sport serving both NHRA and especially ESPN and its viewing audience, both informed and uniformed.

I cringe to think where we would be without him :(

Keep up the awesome work Mike ;)

I cringe to think where we would be without him :(

Keep up the awesome work Mike ;)

i used to say the same thing about steve evans...then mike came along! i personally think grubby would make an excellent commentator...after he wins a few NHRA POWERADE championships of course;)

but mike is a blessing to the sport, and his column is the first thing i read in every issue. thanks mike!

Yep, and that's about ALL in read in that rag. Wonder sometimes why I even subscribe.

Grubby would make a great commentator, I still remember when he drove the Montana Express, and I walked up to his pit rope and asked him if I could get an autograph and a picture, he lit up and said who me, and then came over there like he was stunned anyone wanted his autograph. He is an awesome guy

i used to say the same thing about steve evans...then mike came along! i personally think grubby would make an excellent commentator...after he wins a few NHRA POWERADE championships of course;)

but mike is a blessing to the sport, and his column is the first thing i read in every issue. thanks mike!

I agree, Steve was my favorite. Mike does a good job dancing around the issues without getting in trouble. It's probably not as easy as it seems, he's got to be just giggling inside at some of the things PP says. Grubby's a funny guy, he'd be great.

I have wondered if they will bring Scelzi into the team in some capacity next season

Add me to that list , I read Mike's stuff, and then throw it away.

I still flip through the rest but especially when there are back to back races it get confussing reading about one event when I already know what happened at the next. With the sportman being delayed another week on top of that it gets really confussing.

I used to get Sports illustrated. It arrived every Thursday and they still carried news from Sunday's games. I wish ND would do the same. They write good articles and such but by the time the news reaches me its old or irrelevant.

I concur wholeheartedly. The insight he gives is fantastic. The minute his column goes on NHRA.com is the minute I won't need the magazine. What other motorsport (actually any sport) has one of their top competitors, in their prime, in the announcing booth due to lack of a sponsor. It just isn't right.

The broadcast crew should put together a Mike Dunn montage for those who missed out on the Columbus fire, OCIR explosion and those 280 mph blasts in the Pisano car.

I concur wholeheartedly. The insight he gives is fantastic. The minute his column goes on NHRA.com is the minute I won't need the magazine. What other motorsport (actually any sport) has one of their top competitors, in their prime, in the announcing booth due to lack of a sponsor. It just isn't right.

The broadcast crew should put together a Mike Dunn montage for those who missed out on the Columbus fire, OCIR explosion and those 280 mph blasts in the Pisano car.

I'm not sure thats it for lack of sponsorship at least not at this point. yes when he left driving it was due to lack of sponsor but he's had offers to get back. I believe he was offered the 3rd Kalitta car before it went to Hillary and I thought I remember their being talks with someone else. At this time it appears that it is by his choice to be in the booth.

I'm not sure thats it for lack of sponsorship at least not at this point. yes when he left driving it was due to lack of sponsor but he's had offers to get back. I believe he was offered the 3rd Kalitta car before it went to Hillary and I thought I remember their being talks with someone else. At this time it appears that it is by his choice to be in the booth.

I didn't know about the Kalitta car. Maybe Connie's just a little bit too much like Big Jim.

I didn't know about the Kalitta car. Maybe Connie's just a little bit too much like Big Jim.

yeah Jim O actually made a comment on the air during an interview about the need to get Dunn out of the booth and back into a car

I know that Jim "O" and Mike had talked about it on one of the shows but it seemed like it was in a kidding manner. I know Mike was under contract with ESPN so it basically was a non-issue. Besides, Mike said that he like being able to go home after the race and he didn't have to run himself ragged with all the sponsor related festivities that go along with being a driver.

He said a while back before he renewed his contract that this allowed him to spend much more time at home after years on the road.

I have wondered if they will bring Scelzi into the team in some capacity next season

Isn't the reason he's leaving the seat is so he WOULDN'T have to be on the Tour and away from home so much?

Although he would be great in the booth, the trade from flames in the face to flames from us knuckleheads would be not worth all the plane trips and crappy hotels... (Hi Alan, BTW...:D)

Brian, his column is on NHRA.com, in the member's section... and all the PRO section from N/D is there...

I like the 'pulp' version... and if I want to look at the ladder from bristol 06, I know right where to look in my office....

Isn't the reason he's leaving the seat is so he WOULDN'T have to be on the Tour and away from home so much?

Although he would be great in the booth, the trade from flames in the face to flames from us knuckleheads would be not worth all the plane trips and crappy hotels... (Hi Alan, BTW...:D)

true but with doing tv he only travels to the race itself and not all the sponsor evetns and testing and such. Even if he was a part time addition I think it could be fun. I doubt it happens but it would be cool.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back