The Economic Distruction Act to be voted on next week (1 Viewer)

Sure, hide this in the politics room where all affected will never see it! Genius! When Man or Government believes it can legislate what God ultimately controls, Man or Government needs a wake up call from Him! I say we all better duck!

Seconded Sir !
The time for hiding ones head in the sand is fast passing.

Dow Chemical has raised its prices by 20 percent across the board.
Dow feedstocks are in about everything you see , drive, eat off of , wear or get buried in.
If you think oh it's just one company then think twice.
Everyone in the plastics business will follow suit.
Dow sighted energy costs as the catalyst for the hike.

Congress has for the last forty years failed to read the handwriting on the wall and let environmentalists and foreign interests lead us by the nose to the precipice.
Folks we are in deep do do and trying to hide from it won't work anymore.

Congress since 01/07/2007 has presided over $1.60 cents rise in gasoline prices and all we get is a Dog and Pony show with the oil industry leaders saying let us drill and let the free market process do it's thing.
It's not lost on me that the new majority in Congress promised a comprehensive energy bill but failed totally except to stick it to the Auto Builders by mandating more mileage while mandating a fuel made from food that is 28 percent less efficient by volume than gasoline.
Boy is that smart or what!
Both sides lack leadership or insight further than getting re elected.
More laws , windfall taxes , and regulations are exactly what we don't need.

I've been mindful of political malarkey on here too and it has its place but under the present circumstances word needs to get out to the Ambulance Chasers running this country that bicycles are on backorder with a long waiting list.
Upside is if we still have racing the parking lots won't be crowded.

I'll ask again. What topic can we discuss that the government has NEVER been involved in?

hmm . good point. But what BELONGS in the politics room then. I see the lounge as a place to talk about sports, music, movies, fun stuff that isn't drag racing related.

This is politics being discussed here.
If we were talking about the government regulating what movies we watch - that's politics.
If we're talking about whether sex in the city had enough sex in it, that's for the lounge. :D

hmm . good point. But what BELONGS in the politics room then. I see the lounge as a place to talk about sports, music, movies, fun stuff that isn't drag racing related.

If we were talking about the government regulating what movies we watch - that's politics.
If we're talking about whether sex in the city had enough sex in it, that's for the lounge. :D

Amen! I just got a bit disgusted with what has happened here recently and now some members are not posting on here anymore. keep it in the politics room and it will be better for all of us!:D

This is where we're different. I can see a topic being brought up because it's being voted on in government. After that, I don't WANT to discuss the politics of it. I don't want to talk about Republican this or Democrat that. That would keep it a political discussion.

I want people to talk about what they THINK about any issue and the reasons they have for thinking the way they do. I've never learned enough about a belief to adopt it because of political discussion surrounding it.

Just because something is being voted on or done by a government, discussion about it doesn't have to be political. We can certainly politicize threads that don't start out as being political.

Like you did here (VP stepped in it)? Taking an otherwise entirely drag racing related thread and somehow dragging politics into it?
It looks like you want any political reasons for things that have effects on regular everyday life to be hidden, tucked away and/or ignored. Why is that? Could it be that if the general public was more informed as to the reasons behind why these things happen, they might happen less, and that wouldn't fit a particular agenda? Just wondering....

Like you did here (VP stepped in it)? Taking an otherwise entirely drag racing related thread and somehow dragging politics into it?

Yes, I spoke of comparing the NHRA to the federal government, as I have for years. That makes the post 50% about NHRA and 50% about the government. I didn't try to turn the thread into a political discussion. I made one comparison. As Bob says above, what is it about wanting ANY mention of government/politics censored out? I made a comparison. You see it as "dragging politics into it." What is with that? What is that nerve all about? People can compare aspects of drag racing to anything all over the world but, if you mention government?

It looks like you want any political reasons for things that have effects on regular everyday life to be hidden, tucked away and/or ignored. Why is that? Could it be that if the general public was more informed as to the reasons behind why these things happen, they might happen less, and that wouldn't fit a particular agenda? Just wondering....

You bet, great idea, super... for any of the twenty million web sites that deal with issues like this. But this is a drag racing forum. My "particular agenda" here is drag racing.

Yes, I spoke of comparing the NHRA to the federal government, as I have for years. That makes the post 50% about NHRA and 50% about the government. I didn't try to turn the thread into a political discussion. I made one comparison. As Bob says above, what is it about wanting ANY mention of government/politics censored out? I made a comparison. You see it as "dragging politics into it." What is with that? What is that nerve all about? People can compare aspects of drag racing to anything all over the world but, if you mention government?

Mentioning government wasn't the political part of your comment in that thread.

We could turn it into a gas protest or an economics thread cause the price of living is going up faster than wages or profits.
No profits no sponsors, no sponsors no racing.
I really don't want to talk about it anyway.
T Boone Pickens is an energy man and he Say's we are past the point where Congress could have prevented this energy crisis.
As predicted this from CNN energy news.

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

PolyOne Corp. (POL) joined a list of companies announcing price increases because of higher costs for raw materials, energy and transportation.

The maker of specialized polymer materials said it is raising prices up to 20% . Some increases started Sunday, while others go into effect June 15 or July 1, as agreements allow. The specific increases will depend on each product's exposure to the higher costs.

Similar announcements came last week from Dow Chemical Co. (DOW), Huntsman Corp. (HUN) and Eastman Kodak Co. (EK). Chemical company Huntsman said it would raise prices by as much as 25% "in response to sharp and sustained increases" in costs, while Dow plans to boost prices by up to 20%, citing similar hurdles in a time of $130-a-barrel oil. Kodak, a camera and film company, said it will increase its prices on certain consumable products by up to 20%, citing the soaring prices of raw materials and the rising cost of petroleum.

And it's all political and all preventable except no one cares .
Boy do we need some leadership.
40 years to prevent this from happening. Thats a lot of runs down the track.
I'll bet over in Saudi Arabia they are laughing their arses off at our stupidity and our head in the sand, not in my backyard policies.
Actually they are invested too heavily in our country to laugh. Maybe Crying ???

Hey, don't worry all you guys who want political banter out of here. Just as soon as the ruling elite eliminates the middle class of our once great country, which they are doing quicker than a top fueler clears the lights, you won't have to worry about it any more. You also won't have to worry about posting on this site or drag racing, because NONE OF IT WILL BE AROUND ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back