The Canopy (1 Viewer)

I'm sorry...but this has to be one of the DUMBEST questions I have ever read on this site. They say there is no such thing as a dumb question, but this makes me wonder. Weight is ALWAYS a factor. Go to any driver or crew chief and ask him what he thinks about bolting on 25 lbs to his car...then come back and tell me what they said. These teams spend thousands, if not millions, of dollars to make their cars and parts lighter and stronger. When I worked on Eric Medlen's car, we had to add weight to make the minimum since he did not weigh much. We were one of the few to have to do that. If that is the case, you can add the weight where you want, which is advantageous.

Sorry, it irks me to see when someone signs up here and asks an honest question, only to get insulted by someone who thinks that all aspects of the NHRA should be common sense. And it also irks me to see people toss in that they worked on a crew somewhere (even though it adds no relevance to your response) and that somehow justifies calling someone dumb.

I bet if Russell went to a driver or crew chief as a fan and asked if 25 lbs makes a difference he would get an explanation, not an insult.

Go tell Jason McCulloch that he is a Prancing Nancy when he is standing next to his dad, and you just might get to see the Ace throw down again. "I'm just kidding, I couldn't resist.":) You are right about things changing alot over the years.

Gene-O,

C'mon, man ... I'm opinionated, not insane. LOL.

Although I do have a good story from the 70s about McCulloch, Sr. I'd gone to the Winternationals with my good friends, Tim and Mickey. Can't remember the year exactly, but it was sometime after Ed got his Revell contract. 1971 or 1972? I also believe he had an amazing record one of those years.

Well, Tim had consumed a bit too much of, how shall I put this? ... A certain organic recreational drug, and when we walked up to Ace's pit, Tim flipped out when he saw the Revellution paint job on the side of the car. Then, for some asinine reason, he started belting out the famous Beatles' song (different spelling) at the top of his voice.

I don't remember who (if anyone) in their pit witnessed this. I was so scared I immediately grabbed Tim's arm. Mickey quickly grabbed the other and we high-walked our buddy out of there poste haste. He didn't stop singing until we set him down about a hundred feet later.

I still wonder today, forty years later, whether Ed heard that serenade.

Doc

Gene-O,

C'mon, man ... I'm opinionated, not insane. LOL.

Although I do have a good story from the 70s about McCulloch, Sr. I'd gone to the Winternationals with my good friends, Tim and Mickey. Can't remember the year exactly, but it was sometime after Ed got his Revell contract. 1971 or 1972? I also believe he had an amazing record one of those years.

Well, Tim had consumed a bit too much of, how shall I put this? ... A certain organic recreational drug, and when we walked up to Ace's pit, Tim flipped out when he saw the Revellution paint job on the side of the car. Then, for some asinine reason, he started belting out the famous Beatles' song (different spelling) at the top of his voice.

I don't remember who (if anyone) in their pit witnessed this. I was so scared I immediately grabbed Tim's arm. Mickey quickly grabbed the other and we high-walked our buddy out of there poste haste. He didn't stop singing until we set him down about a hundred feet later.

I still wonder today, forty years later, whether Ed heard that serenade.

Doc
That's a good story. You are a good friend, and you may have saved your buddy from a lot of pain.;):D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back