The c/d points system strikes again (1 Viewer)

Well this year not only did it give one driver 800 points he didn't earn...
It took 29 points away from Hight that he DID earn....

How do you like it NOW!!!

I just don't understand what made someone think this was a good system :confused::confused:

Oh no, not this debate again. Can someone insert the beating of the dead horse picture?:D

Well this year not only did it give one driver 800 points he didn't ern...
It took 29 points away from Hight that he DID ern....

How do you like it NOW!!!

I just don't understand what made someone think this was a good system :confused::confused:

Okay, Who got 4 races worth the points, and when did Robert loose a round and a half?:confused:

d'kid

my thoughts on the C are changing

initial thoughts were so what - nhra purse money is negligible at best.
in the name of growing the sport do what you want with the points if
the contrived drama attracts more attention both actual attendance
and most importantly increased tv audience.

the C was contrived to attract new fans; what mite be taking
place instead with the C and 1000' is alienation of hard core fans outnumbering new fans, and what new fans that have come onboard are
they really concerned about a points race?, much less understand how the
points are reset? whether you're a fan of the new points or not, I think
it's only the hardcore fans that understand it anyways!!

nascar fans have 40+ guys; arguably 20+ with very familiar names and
sponsors; so when they race for the top ten chase - there are big names
that miss out, both the driver name and sponsor.

the nhra is lucky to have 10 touring regulars per class to fill their 'top 10'.
again - who's paying attention?
put more emphasis on the actual event and who's in the stands - give them
a show......i think a newbie impressed at the live event is likely to return
again the next year, but not so sure they turn into fan willing enough to
follow each event on tv and/or online.

if the C is shown to increase A)tv ratings and B)attendance - keep it
if the C does not do this, then get back to regular points and do everything
you can to hold onto us aging hardcore fans; we're money in your pocket.

As long as everyone knows the rules going into Pomona1 Rd1 Qualifying and the rules have no change before Race1 of the Countdown, I have no problem.

Last edited:
Oh no, not this debate again. Can someone insert the beating of the dead horse picture?:D

Sure,...

image_preview.jpg

Okay, Who got 4 races worth the points, and when did Robert loose a round and a half?:confused:

d'kid

Hight finished Brainerd 1 point behind Force; the Countdown reset him 30 points behind.

Every 10th place qualifier got a minimum of 1300 points or better handed to them after the reset. That's 10 races.

I just want it noted that I did not start the thread :D

So, all we need to do is have a play off were everyone starts even, and only the top eight run the last 6 races of the year.

WE could redo FC '92, or have a redo of the late 70's or the 80's... heard complaints when the championship was wrapped up by Indy... do we want run away titles some seasons, and last pass of the season titles in others.
Sorry, heard too much witching over both of those...

Which is truly why I've never really gave a flying rat's arse about Championships.

As of Monday, regular season points don't matter. Season is OVER. Here's a shock... I think I've only watched parts of like 5 superbowls because a TV happened to be on where I was. I can't tell you who was last year's NFL, MLB, or NBA Champs are. I can't name 5 drivers in NASCAR. No World Series, Not even sure of the Names of any NBA team, except the Lakers.

So, start everyone in the play offs a zero points... that 800 or whatever point thing was so the 11th place car can't move up post season, heck they could have gave all the top ten 10,000 points... don't think it really freakin' matters.

sorry for the rant... but thinking about it, I think they were right with CD 1, eliminate cars as you go.

d'kid

So, all we need to do is have a play off were everyone starts even, and only the top eight run the last 6 races of the year.

WE could redo FC '92, or have a redo of the late 70's or the 80's... heard complaints when the championship was wrapped up by Indy... do we want run away titles some seasons, and last pass of the season titles in others.
Sorry, heard too much witching over both of those...

Which is truly why I've never really gave a flying rat's arse about Championships.

As of Monday, regular season points don't matter. Season is OVER. Here's a shock... I think I've only watched parts of like 5 superbowls because a TV happened to be on where I was. I can't tell you who was last year's NFL, MLB, or NBA Champs are. I can't name 5 drivers in NASCAR. No World Series, Not even sure of the Names of any NBA team, except the Lakers.

So, start everyone in the play offs a zero points... that 800 or whatever point thing was so the 11th place car can't move up post season, heck they could have gave all the top ten 10,000 points... don't think it really freakin' matters.

sorry for the rant... but thinking about it, I think they were right with CD 1, eliminate cars as you go.

d'kid
Geez Karl ... you don't even glance at the sports page when you read the paper? What about ESPN? It's pretty hard to escape the "Stick & ball" sports reporting. Seriously, all teasing aside, I know we do not want to continue the trend of following the NASCAR template, but ... what about 11th place? NASCAR rewards that driver at the end of the year. Kind of like a "best of the rest" deal. Wouldn't this incentify more of the lesser funded teams outside the top 10 (and even some fulltime teams) to attend the 6 countdown races with a chance at some type of financial reward. A paycheck through winning is remote for most of the cars that enter an event. But ... a check for 11th place does reward loyalty to the series and keeps some level of motivation for guys like McMillen, Cruz, Arend, T. Ped, KJ, Yonke, Underdahl and Gann. Don't adjust any points for those drivers outside the top 10!! Just let them battle for 11th place in thier respectives classes. I fear that this year (more than ever) that entries will fall of after Indy.

As long as everyone knows the rules going into Pomona1 Rd1 Qualifying and the rules have no change before Race1 of the Countdown, I have no problem.

My thoughts exactly. Drivers/owners/teams/sponsors knew what they were getting into when they rolled into the gate at Pomona 1.

Geez, sometimes the whine around here flows more than Napa Valley.

Quit your b!tch!ng already.

hey Zap......you know how you have been telling people to stop whining about 1000 ft racing and 4-wide racing because it is here to stay? Take a piece of your own advice on this one sir......

"Geez Karl ... you don't even glance at the sports page when you read the paper?" Jim,

Honestly Nope... read the comics and local news... ESPN? if it's on one the few occasions I'm near a TV, it's just background noise.... last Winston Cup race I watched was the Daytona that Ironhead died. If I remember, I'll watch the Rolex 24, and LaMans on speed. Haven't really watched TV since the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer....

I READ.... I watch my kids play computer or X-box/playstation games... I watch a ton of animie....

I love drag racing in person or in print.... Don't like it really on the Idiot Box...
I think there are TOO Many National Events... really think 12 or 13 would be a good number... and who ever has the most wins should be the season champion... qualifying 10 points, round wins should be worth 20 points, r/u a 25 point bonus, win another 100 point bonus.... r/u get 115 points... winner get 215 points...

but that's me
d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back