The Boss Is Back, and his name ain't Bruce... (1 Viewer)

Not bad for a 2nd shake down run on a new design car! I bet you could almost see John's smile from the stands as he went down through there.

To quote a phrase from the mid 90's..

"The nightmare continues" :D

The car says "Ashley" but it was really John. The left lane was his "getting back in the saddle" squirt; the right lane was that 4.782. I was right by the starting line for John's first full pass after his accident; sweet!

photo001.jpg

photo003.jpg

photo005.jpg

photo007.jpg

I think I like that plain scheme as well.

You have to be in awe of what it took for John to get to this point after that horrific deal in Dallas. Nobody would have blamed him for never sitting in a race car again and just running his empire.

When Evel Knievel died, a local sportscaster here made the comment that "Evel Knievel made John Wayne look like a sissy".
John Force does as well! Wow!

I'm trying to figure out how Phil made a pass Monday in Phoenix while I was talking to him at the shop in New York :confused::confused::confused::confused:

It is good to see superman is back.

BTW: Did you notice in the pictures all the people standing around watching him make his run??? Wasn't all his crew either.
jim

I think John Force is simply the best thing to ever hit the Motorsports world ever, bar NONE.
He is not just a racer, but the single biggest, most valuable asset of the NHRA and the motorsports world.
Stay safe, John.

This even made the headlines in Nascar nation this morning. David Poole brought up Force's run on Morning Drive radio show.

Phil "made a pass" because the timing system was in test mode, with all runs recorded in the Top Fuel category, and the driver names in the timing data came from last year's database. The timing system kept identifying the driver of car #8 as Phil Burkart. I thought I got all the bogus Burkart references manually corrected, looks like I missed one. That was probably a run by J.R. Todd, in a Top Fuel car - and it wasn't on Monday.

Just shows you how badly a computer can screw things up sometimes. It's not a fault in the timing system since it was being used with an outdated driver database and without regard for the actual eliminator category. Top Fuel, Funny Car, TAD, TAFC and Nostalgia Funny Car were all timed with the timing system set for Top Fuel and the first driver #8 from last year the timing system found was Burkart. It's my fault for not catching the error.

Thanks for the info Larry....Either way, Phil and I had a good laugh over it!!!:)

Phil "made a pass" because the timing system was in test mode, with all runs recorded in the Top Fuel category, and the driver names in the timing data came from last year's database. The timing system kept identifying the driver of car #8 as Phil Burkart. I thought I got all the bogus Burkart references manually corrected, looks like I missed one. That was probably a run by J.R. Todd, in a Top Fuel car - and it wasn't on Monday.

Just shows you how badly a computer can screw things up sometimes. It's not a fault in the timing system since it was being used with an outdated driver database and without regard for the actual eliminator category. Top Fuel, Funny Car, TAD, TAFC and Nostalgia Funny Car were all timed with the timing system set for Top Fuel and the first driver #8 from last year the timing system found was Burkart. It's my fault for not catching the error.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back