Evan Knoll's Fuel Doctor Funny Car ?? (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
Hey Mater's,

Did anyone else catch the pic of this funny car at the Phoenix Time Trials and do we know who's driving it? Evan Knowll seems to be sponsoring this one . :confused:

DSC_0941.JPG

Hey Mater's,

Did anyone else catch the pic of this funny car at the Phoenix Time Trials and do we know who's driving it? Evan Knowll seems to be sponsoring this one . :confused:

DSC_0941.JPG

Kurt,

That was probably painted before Evan pulled out... The paint scheme was up on comp plus a month or so ago. Hope that helps you from getting confused bud

:)

That is a cool paint job though. Wonder why she was running that car, instead of the one with her paint scheme on it. Hmm

Or they did not want to hurt it before the beginning of the season. . .

And it's real paint, not a vinyl wrap. Would be expensive to re-spray it before Pomona ... besides it's a good looking piece.

That is the body off of the car that Mike was going to run, BEFORE the announcement. There were photos of it online with his ProMod car. Looks like what you see there is airbrushed, all of the Torco decals have been removed from the photos that were posted. I'm sure that it was in Phoenix getting teched in as their second car.

Apparently from the photos Ive seen. a few Torco cars are returning anyway. Millican and Todd will be at Pomona with Torco branding and a Torco Alcohol funny car was at Phoenix testing. Sounds like the plans have changed for at least a few of them.

Apparently from the photos Ive seen. a few Torco cars are returning anyway. Millican and Todd will be at Pomona with Torco branding and a Torco Alcohol funny car was at Phoenix testing. Sounds like the plans have changed for at least a few of them.

Believe Randy said they are leaving Torco colors on the car...

d'kid

According to the testing notebook on Comp plus Todd said he is under the impression he as a contract with Torco to race the full year. DRO is reporting that Millican has been told by the owner of the car to go to Pomona. So, it appears the pull back will not be as bad as everyone thought it would be.

Kurt,

That was probably painted before Evan pulled out... The paint scheme was up on comp plus a month or so ago. Hope that helps you from getting confused bud

:)

Michael and others...thanks for the heads up, and I guess I missed the pic on CompPlus a month ago. Also, apologies for misspelling Evan's last name. :eek:

The confusion for me was that I had already seen the ProCareRX body in the Phoenix National Time Trial pics and assumed that was the body or car that Melanie was driving, so when they rolled the orange Evan Knoll's Fuel Doctor out of the trailer in the CompPlus set of pics which had no identification associated with it, I was confused or left wondering. The backup body for Mel makes sense, and it looks like that is the one Melanie ran with.

L8R...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back