Top Fuel & Funny Car at US Nationals? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
Does anyone know if the following are going to be at Indy:

Daniel Wilkerson driving a 2nd Team Wilk Funny Car

David Baca or JR Todd driving the Baca dragster?

Bob Vandergriff or Rod Fuller driving the Vandergriff dragster?

Bruce Litton (ok, seems like a no brainer since he's so close, but I don't think he's competed at an NHRA event yet)

Terry Haddock TF
Terry Haddock FC (even if driven by someone else)

Gary Densham

The Chicago contingent (Luigi, The Greek, or Zizzo)

Terry McMillen

any others that are non-regulars?

It will be my first Indy, so can we get a ride for Big, snake, Big Jim and Shirley...just for old time sake?

INDY! It is the "Never Ending Nationals"- but I haven't been in my Home State of Ohio since 1981! INDY is what I LIVE for every year!:cool:

If you think it's "something," now, you should have been around when it was one of ONLY TWO National events...

If you think it's "something," now, you should have been around when it was one of ONLY TWO National events...

I kind of know what you mean Bill. There were more than 2 National Events in 77 when I first went to Indy, but there were only about 10 or 12 National Events then. Top Fuel and Pro Comp were still 32 car fields. They ran the first rounds of them on Sunday back then. That was the the year Dennis Baca won TF, and Ken Veney had his Ford powered Blown Alcohol dragster. I've also been there in 79(25th Anniversary), 87, and 89. It sure hs changed from my first visit in 77.

Tell''em Bill. Now it's just one of 24. But back "THEN" is when Indy was really somethin "special". :D

That's why the nhra should make Indy double points again,do something to make Indy special again,we don't even have the showdown for funny cars,that's going to be strange.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back