The 70th Big Go 2024 (1 Viewer)

That’s OK, they pretty much filled it up today on Sunday. With more cars than spots in all fields, it made for some really interesting and exciting qualifying. How about that Paul Lee! And that (haha) Langdon/Kalitta weirdness? Doesn’t get any better than that.

Yes, it's good to see Paul Lee's improvement this year. He seems like a decent guy.

Another significant DNQ is the Scrapper's dragster. They have had an off year, but I wonder how much of that is the learning curve with the new driver, or have they just lost the tune-up a bit? Are they still getting any help from Alan Johnson from time to time? Of course, this year that wouldn't have been such a good thing as we have seen that AJ struggled over at the Kallita camp.

Yes, it's good to see Paul Lee's improvement this year. He seems like a decent guy.

Another significant DNQ is the Scrapper's dragster. They have had an off year, but I wonder how much of that is the learning curve with the new driver, or have they just lost the tune-up a bit? Are they still getting any help from Alan Johnson from time to time? Of course, this year that wouldn't have been such a good thing as we have seen that AJ struggled over at the Kallita camp.
I think they have just lost the tuneup a bit. Jasmine was bubbling on live interview about not making the show, but mostly about missing the countdown. Why did Beckman get points and she didn’t? There are reasons. Unfortunate ones, yes.

Top Sportsman is more interesting to me than Pro Stock. The variety in makes, models, powertrains make it a compelling class to watch.
I agree. From a spectater…

My order is TF>FC>comp eliminator>TAD-A/FD>TS>PS>SS/S>FX>FSS>TAFC>PSM>PM

I actively avoid Super Street>SC>SG and especially Junior Dragster. These are just terrifically disinteresting to watch.

anyone else think NHRA might have caught some big heat after eliminations yesterday?
your biggest race of the year, live on national network, is not the time to have a suspect lane. i know there were some that got down it, but many did not.
i think '21 or '22 when wilk won it, the same condition existed. capps was heavy favorite in FC final and wilk pulled a magic act and outran him in right lane.

anyone else think NHRA might have caught some big heat after eliminations yesterday?
your biggest race of the year, live on national network, is not the time to have a suspect lane.

Steve Torrence made mention of that on the top end interview with Alan after his semi-final win over Smoke.

your biggest race of the year, live on national network, is not the time to have a suspect lane. i know there were some that got down it, but many did not.
i think '21 or '22 when wilk won it, the same condition existed. capps was heavy favorite in FC final and wilk pulled a magic act and outran him in right lane.
What happened to that lane? I know the right lane was really terrible, but I didn’t see why.

Thought I heard reference to an oil down in the right lane. Usually that is no big deal to fix the lane, but maybe in this case....

But then in semis the left lane eliminated both Greg and Erica who had the two best cars all weekend and Aaron won the final in the right lane.

so many great videos/blogs from last week, and there will be more (wfo indy winners). here's a couple from bobby fazio, who i thought did his usual
great segments throughout the event. also enjoy the mighty mack segments; lately he has shared more information that was in play, other than just race results,
and i think that is greatly appreciated by racers and fans alike who tune in. thank you to all who contribute to reporting during this marathon.

this guy (classic corner car hunter) also put up a LOT of great content. some, like this cool morning photo shoot, are things the average
attendee just wouldn't have time or wherewithal to witness. sure appreciate his content.

so many good stories from last weekend, and almost lost in all of it is the john force car / jack beckman story.
first round back in brainerd he barely gets around a great pass by bobby bode, then gets done in by resurgent blake alexander.
first round indy creasy goes career best 3.95 and makes jack earn it, second round cruz goes 3.95 and makes jack earn it, third round runs into austin prock.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back