The 70th Big Go 2024 (1 Viewer)

damn it i wish they had the live youtube feed from indy today for class, instead of tomorrow.

hi david gerard, patiently waiting to see Q1 on DRC for STK and SS, see how far under #1 in stock will be.
heard rumor of pickup possibly running waaaaaay under index? ......yikes it's gonna' be hot. no engine coolers in the lanes, but
i'm thinking the drivers are going to have their own coolers under their firesuits.
edit: live timing on nhra.com. jim marshall t/sa pickup -2.307 under for #1 Q1. i think this pickup has done this at indy before
with other driver/s? ...... pretty sure paul wong in #2 spot is also a pickup

I am now posting here as a "civilian", as I retired from www.DragRaceCentral.com in December after many, many years of reporting.

At 81+ years old, my mind saws GO, but my body says STOP!

The first in, last out routine every day, air travel challenges , motel stays, etc. were just not the fun that they used to be.

I will be following DRC and NM for as long as I can!

I am now posting here as a "civilian", as I retired from www.DragRaceCentral.com in December after many, many years of reporting.

The first in, last out routine every day, air travel challenges , motel stays, etc. were just not the fun that they used to be.

Appreciate all your hard work. Enjoy retirement!

Dave
You were the last one in the shop and the first out of the shop when I drove your race car in the 60s. (JUST KIDDING) Dave you did a great job for DRC enjoy your future in racing. Love ya Dave.
Larry Sutton---🤠

thanks for all you've done

7 hemis in the .4's first round between 8.455 and 8.493, then comella is the 8th and goes .009 @ 8.406. holy cow that car is fast.
to put this hemi challenge in perspective, i'll use rick johnson's barracuda from MN (one of 50 original barracudas with hemi package)
2002 qualified #3 @ 9.052
2024 qualified #18 @ 8.85

also for perspective regarding jon clark's post above. 2002 comp ran a 64 car field with 74 attempting to qualify
52 in 2019 ...... 41 in 2021 .... 48 in 2022 .... 61 in 2023 ..... 58 this year

Also for perspective regarding Jon Clark's post above. 2002 comp ran a 64 car field with 74 attempting to qualify
52 in 2019 ...... 41 in 2021 .... 48 in 2022 .... 61 in 2023 ..... 58 this year

Thanks, Mike for that info. So it looks like these large Comp fields have been more or less usual for the US Nationals, even when the Comp fields at other National events have been diminishing until recently.

36 cars for Q1, T/AD. When's the last time we saw THAT ??

Must be a ton of 'em running out of that part of the country.

There are 18 cars on the TAD list
LOL
NHRA's website showed 36 boxes in the Q1 detailed results; dumb me didn't bother to look at each name; I just counted the boxes. The site inadvertently lumped Q2 and Q1 together.

to use a golfing analogy. it's moving day.
E1 PM made fastest passes of weekend.
sure would like to see Ida move to top half today. 🇸🇪🇫🇮

Last edited:
kali neff with huge win yesterday in comp clash over teammate kayla mozeris. both gals advancing to E3 in comp today.
kali with razor thin win over ctech machine of jim greenheck ...... someday the rest of the world will understand the growing number
of females that not only race, but kick ass!!!

I'm just now starting to watch the live feed on Youtube. It's disappointing to see the stands all but empty on a Friday afternoon.
That’s OK, they pretty much filled it up today on Sunday. With more cars than spots in all fields, it made for some really interesting and exciting qualifying. How about that Paul Lee! And that (haha) Langdon/Kalitta weirdness? Doesn’t get any better than that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back