The 2022 March Meet at Famoso Racway (1 Viewer)

glofria

Nitro Member
Less than two weeks away and the weather looks like it's going to cooperate this year. Entries and tickets still on sale with no COVID restrictions. You want to see it, better show up as once again there will be no live streaming (at least not yet announced). Otherwise you'll need to make friends with someone sitting in the stands and hope they've got good phone service.

I personnally looking torward to watching the AA/FA and my former driver Eily Stafford-Day msking her debut in RED N/TF.

I remember Eily from the Competition Coupe she ran. Didn't know she has moved to AA/FD. Cool!

BTW, will Drag Race Central cover the March Meet?

From Facebook;

274584591_884204665628052_5457987850859733979_n.jpg

272967601_10220739927919347_3553688676287381430_n.jpg

273650692_878604842854701_855451186091953656_n.jpg

So when are they gonna let back motor cars run aganist front motor cars? Would add some cars to the class. Also bigger slicks for the front motor cars..... rant rant

The wing on the back motor cars looks so small today but it's close to what they ran in 1972. Well, maybe 5.90 is about right for this type of car. I remember Don Moody running that 5.91 at Ontario in 1972 & it was Low ET of the World....

All of the modern safety items are required, which means all RE/TF cars end up being brand new purpose built cars. The updates are so numerous, that you almost can not use a '70's chassis in that class. Much like the modern NTF cars.

Justin, I think you're wrong about the RE/TF chassis "being brand new purpose built cars." In fact, it may suprise you how old some of the advanced ET certed chassis are.

Cliff, Eily has driven many of nostaligia cars over the years (only stopped at one point to get her advanced degree) and she might be pulling double duty in the "Killer Crower" 7.0 Pro Car a the MM too.

Less than two weeks away and the weather looks like it's going to cooperate this year. Entries and tickets still on sale with no COVID restrictions. You want to see it, better show up as once again there will be no live streaming (at least not yet announced). Otherwise you'll need to make friends with someone sitting in the stands and hope they've got good phone service.

I hope you are right, but we can't be too sure. My Shop & House are less than 30 miles away from the track as the Crow flies. Granted that there are mountians in between and our weather is a little different because Wofford Heights is 2650' altitude at the lake and 6500' at the top, the forcast isn't real promising. I am looking out the front door and it is snowing pretty good. 4 day forcast for McFarland 3-3 to 3-6 is highs in the high 50's & lows in the low 30's with a freeze warning & Thursday with a 25% chance of rain.

Roger, yea the weather is finally acting like winter now. I check the Wasco weather reprort last week and it said mid-70's, now it's saying

Thursday 66°/37°
Friday 65°/34°
Saturday 60°/33°
Sunday 59°/35°

Roger, yea the weather is finally acting like winter now. I check the Wasco weather reprort last week and it said mid-70's, now it's saying

Thursday 66°/37°
Friday 65°/34°
Saturday 60°/33°
Sunday 59°/35°
You can get a better forcast using McFarland which is closer to the track. It is not a lot different but a few degrees. The larger problem is the window where the Peak is. This time of year we usually only get maybe 2-3 hours near the high peak and cooler (colder) for a longer period of time in the morning and afternoon. The only thing we can count on is that Weather men can be wrong 60% of the time and still keep their Jobs.:cool:

Wow Kevin Stith's designs and artwork are awesome, aren't they?!
The Stith T-shirt trailer at the March Meet vendor midway is a must visit. Guaranteed to find a shirt you'll fall in love with.

Updated - Weather report for FAMOSO (March Meet). Even though we are pretty much always in a draught it will almost always rain or get cold when a Drag Race is scheduled at Famoso in March.
Mcfarland Ca. Weather including 33559 Famoso Road
Wed - 74/44 2% Rain
Thur - 65/41 59% Rain
Fri - 57/37 22% Rain
Sat - 52/32 24% Rain
Sun 56/32 10% Rain
Since Wednesday is mostly Set up - Tech & Paid T&T no problem, but Thursday is for Heritage lower classes Q1. Problem is If there is much rain the drainage is bad under the track and there will be weepers. Same thing for Friday & Saturday. Also 32 to 50"s degrees (AIN,T) very conducive to much evaporation.

I've always been kind of surprised that the March Meet isn't held closer to the end of March, when the weather may have a chance to be better year to year. After all, the Bowsers have one chance to pull this race off per year, and if it rains out, they lose much of their yearly income.

Roger, the track weeping got fixed when they poured concrete the whole length of the track. Let us never forget what happened to Bill Burch and his Willys. We were about three pairs behind waiting in the lanes waiting for our chance. Rained all weekend and then the sun came out Sunday morning, We were told one shot qualifying so make the most of it.

Jon, I think they keep this date to work around the big show guys are out this way, but I could be wrong. There's still a chance they may push it back, but I could be wrong about that too.

The March Meet use to be towards the end of March and it rained every year. Hadnt rained on the first weekend in March for like 30 years till....... the March Meet switched to that weekend

The March Meet use to be towards the end of March and it rained every year. Hadnt rained on the first weekend in March for like 30 years till....... the March Meet switched to that weekend

Damn. I just checked the forecast and it now looks even worse for Fri and Sat (rain). Still looks good for Sunday, though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back